Hey all
I really like wheat beers, such as the Belgian Witbiers (Hoegaarden, Blanche de Namur) and German Weißbier (Weihenstephan, Paulaner etc.).
These beers are made with a certain proportion of wheat an barely, and I was wondering if there is such thing as a beer made from wheat only, without any barley?

Thanks for any input!
ॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐ
Quote by dannyisokay
It's our little online utopia where we smoke with folks from the far corners of the world and say things like "I'm high, heheehehe."

Quote by Ed Hunter

Thoughts about new naked airport scanner?

^
Quote by nightraven
brb applying for job at airport

Most of those beers you mentioned (like Hoegaarden) are all wheat-based but contain several other types of grain because if they didn't they'd all taste pretty much the same. Belgians use herbs to add some unique flavors, Germans like to add fruit nectars and all kinds of stuff.

So to answer your question, no, I don't know any wheat-only beers. I know some that come close but they're all Belgian and rather hard to find, even within the rest of Europe

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at Dec 31, 2009,
Quote by pawnluv

Hmm those are barley-free beers but they don't contain any wheat either..
I guess what I'm curious about doesn't actually exist

On a sidenote, there's an Austrian wheat beer called "Edelweiss", it's quite a special one that you should really check out.
ॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐॐ
Quote by dannyisokay
It's our little online utopia where we smoke with folks from the far corners of the world and say things like "I'm high, heheehehe."

Quote by Ed Hunter

Thoughts about new naked airport scanner?

^
Quote by nightraven
brb applying for job at airport