Page 1 of 2
I'm not exactly sure if this goes here because I've never posted a thread here before, but I figured since it's the pit I'd give it a shot.

Anyways, a little over a year ago I started to become friends with this girl and we became really good friends. At first I wanted her as more than friends--she's extremely attractive, funny, and really down to earth. We can just have a good time doing stupid things I'd usually do with my guy friends. We can even play video games together. Well as time has progressed we've become extremely close, I guess deserving the title "best friends". I mean I even stay the night at her house. But I buried my feelings for her, never telling anyone and even dated other girls. She would always tell me about how she didn't like my girlfriends, no matter who they were. Well I dated one for a while and just now ended it. Now that I've ended it with her, my feelings for my bestfriend are unburrying themselves.

So I decided I'd spill the beans. And I got one of my friends to talk to her. Not once did she deny liking me, but she said she wouldn't want to ruin our friendship. I even talked to her about it and got the same thing. And I really can't stop thinking about her!

What do I do?
Use forward, forward, punch, back, kick, kick, back, punch.

FATALITY!!!
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I have been in your spot, tell her,

There is actualy nothing to lose, at worst, she will say no, become awkward for a couple of weeks and hopefully, if you two are really good friends it will stay like that.

On the other hand if she does like you, WIN :P
/CENTER]
If she won't hold your hand then you hold her throat.
I want women throwing their thongs 'cause I wrote their favorite songs.
Quote by MightyAl
Dick in a box.

This.

Or just man up and confess it yourself?
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Relationship thread.
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
****s sake people dont tell girls you like them.

And yeah, you're in the friendship zone. Congratulations. Take it to the relationship thread.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
****s sake people dont tell girls you like them.

And yeah, you're in the friendship zone. Congratulations. Take it to the relationship thread.

Just curious but you wouldn't, why?

Not being dicky, but im interested in your opinion xD
/CENTER]
Get smashed, spraypaint that you love her on her driveway then go round her house, ask her to finger herself for you and puke on her little brother, it's the only way

Last edited by MarkyMark8609 at Dec 31, 2009,
Quote by pl0x

Because girls muich prefer finding you naked in their bed, smeared in chocolate sauce and whipped cream.

God I love memes. I want to have sex with them.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Pics of said best friend!
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Quote by pl0x

You shouldn't because if you're in the friendshipzone all you have is tension between you and a girl, saying you like her removes *all* the tension unless she truly, absolutely, disneymovie, likes you (which she probably doesnt if you're in the FSZ though). You also dont come off as alphamale, but more needy, which is an incredibly turn off.

You dont ever see james bond, indiana jones or han solo telling girls awkwardly that they like them. That's because it's weak. And people dont want to see weak.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Ask her out, if you don't hear the word yes, within a second. Rape her

and her family

Really though it's probably best to stay as friends
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by Kensai
You dont ever see james bond, indiana jones or han solo telling girls awkwardly that they like them. That's because it's weak. And people dont want to see weak.

Kensai's right. Man up and fight a bear in front of her.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Question. What kind of bear is best?

Kidding, but question, alright so if she does like me how do I make a move that wouldn't be awkward? I feel like doing anything with her would feel strange at first. Do I make a ballsy move and do something risky, or just something suttle?
Quote by neopowell
Kensai's right. Man up and fight a bear in front of her.

Better yet, fight a bear that's holding a shark.
Say exactly this:

"Ask me about my wiener!"
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
Quote by MightyAl
Dick in a box.

This.
But seriously, you've just been Friendzoned. I'm sorry for you, but that's how wit is. Go with the flow, even though it'll be somewhat awkward.
Quote by MightyAl

+Infinity.
Nah. Don't try to force it.
Originally posted by MarkyMark8609
Get smashed, spraypaint that you love her on her driveway then go round her house, ask her to finger herself for you and puke on her little brother, it's the only way

Inbetweeners ftw

But yeah, you're in the friendzone matey.
Welcome to my world

Quote by MightyAl

That deserves a double hell-yeah.

For a triple hell-yeah, do it in shades while smoking.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Quote by Kensai
Quote by Zero-Hartman

Quote by Kensai
You shouldn't because if you're in the friendshipzone all you have is tension between you and a girl, saying you like her removes *all* the tension unless she truly, absolutely, disneymovie, likes you (which she probably doesnt if you're in the FSZ though). You also dont come off as alphamale, but more needy, which is an incredibly turn off.

I second this. I've only told one girl I liked her-- my sophomore year of high school. She was moving anyway, and I figured I needed to do it. She was gracious about it, although I'm sure she was violently shrieking in her head. It's not that I regret doing that, just that I think I could've handled the situation better. Now, my current girlfriend (of 4 years) I simply told we were going out. I don't necessarily recommend this abrasive style, since I used up the one out of a billion times when it would work and anyone else who tries it is destined to fail.

In any event, the key is: never throw yourself at a girl. Not at the beginning. She's a girl, not a volcano goddess requiring a virgin sacrifice; play it cool. You don't want her to know you want her. You want her to have to want you. If that makes sense. Devotion, commitment, dedication. Those are things that come into play after you've netted the fish. Good luck, though. The friend-zone tailspin is a notoriously hard obstacle to overcome.
When crying don't help
You can't compose yourself
It's best to compose a poem
An honest verse of longing
Or a simple song of hope...
Avoid inbetweeners situations at all costs.

Don't glorify this girl so much. Think about where you want it to go, i.e. serious long term? Cos if you JUST want to shag her that'll ruin your friendship.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Quote by frnzd
Avoid inbetweeners situations at all costs

What are you on about?

If he follows my advice above she'll be frothing at the gash and he'll be getting stinky fingers!
Quote by MarkyMark8609
Friend zone

You're in it

Amen, brother!
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Quote by MarkyMark8609
What are you on about?

If he follows my advice above she'll be frothing at the gash and he'll be getting stinky fingers!

This is not the time for vaguely obscure references.

Wait, what am I saying? It's ALWAYS time for vaguely obscure references. Also TS, just sort of flirt with her for a bit and see what the response is. Don't be blindingly obvious but girls are good at picking this sort of thing up
Quote by Kensai

Point very well taken, i have never told a girl directly that I like her, i kind of let it just err, roll? xD
/CENTER]
I have been FZ'd before. It can be gotten out of. Here's the thing though: Girls are a lot more perceptive than you give them credit for. You usually don't have to tell them you like them. In fact you shouldn't; they probably already know. For example, a have a thing for one of my best friends who I've known for 6 years. I'm quite sure she knows I like her, though I have never told her, and as far as I know she doens't like me (she might, I'm just notoriously bad at picking up on social cues). But its not awkward between us at all.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Dude just go for it the worst she can say is "NO".
Thor! Odin's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Your destiny awaits Thor! Hlödyn's son Protector of mankind Ride to meet your fate Ragnarök awaits

E-ARCH NEMESIS of girlgerms007
Quote by mcjosh
You're gonna need this

Oh my...
Just ask her out, make it obvious you don't want to go out just as friends, but don't go completely overboard either.
Ask her on a date
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by floppypick

Oh my...
Just ask her out, make it obvious you don't want to go out just as friends, but don't go completely overboard either.
Ask her on a date

Bullshit. Get her alone and kiss her. Then tell her this;

"You have no idea how long I've waited to do that."

Have some water handy to rinse out the pepper spray.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
wash your hands of the whole situation, remain friends, realize that there are plenty o fish in the sea, go for her best friend instead.
trust me i watched my friend go through the same situation for two straight years, obsessed with the same girl, he lost a lot friends due to the fact that he couldnt get over this girl, and whomever talked about her or joked with her was a complete asshole according to him. the only thing he got out of the whole thing was a very tightly secured niche in the friendzone, remained a virgin, and has never had a gf cuz he cant see past this one girl.
so forget about dating her, remain friends, and remember what you have learned from this whole ordeal.
your a wreck, an accident, forget the freak your just nature, keep the gun oiled and the temple clean, shit snort and blaspheme, let the heads cool and the engine run, because in the end everything we do is just everything we've done.
-corey taylor
Don't be a puss, TELL HER!! Lots of people don't understand that if they keep their feelings for someone in the dark nothing will ever happen. No relationship, nothing. And it's not like they are able to read your mind. Tell her kid, you have to.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Page 1 of 2