Well, i've got a 99 accord, and it makes a whining noise when i rev it, usually just at low speeds though. once the speedometer gets to about 30 mph it stops whining. but is this..just...a characteristic of my car? or is something wrong?

i read something about maybe my alternator, but i still am not sure.

any help?

EDIT: oh yeah, and it increases in loudness as i rev the engine too... if that tells you anything.
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at Dec 31, 2009,
Try raising the bridge a bit, or lowering the pickups.

Oh wait, it's a question about cars?

I think you took a wrong turn at google.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
check if the belts to the alternator, power steering or a/c are too tight or too loose.
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- Albert Einstein -
Are you still revving it after you hit 30mph?
Either way, 30mph is usually when most automatics switch into the next gear so the revving noise you hear usually gets softer at that point.

And if you keep revving the engine, it's normal that it'll get louder as you hold down the pedal.
Quote by TheBax
Well, i've got a 99 accord, and it makes a whining noise when i rev it, usually just at low speeds though. once the speedometer gets to about 30 mph it stops whining. but is this..just...a characteristic of my car? or is something wrong?

i read something about maybe my alternator, but i still am not sure.

any help?

EDIT: oh yeah, and it increases in loudness as i rev the engine too... if that tells you anything.

My buddies 99 civic does the same thing. We were thinking it's a fan velt or abelt of some kind?
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
Does it sound like air? because if theres something wrong with the intake, the noise could get louder as you rev. or a belt is needing replacement

How is the performance? is it slower?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Could be the belts. Or get one of those auto stethoscopes and touch it to the alternator to find the source.

EDIT: It could quite possibly just be the fan turning off at higher speeds because the airflow is fast enough through the radiator to cool on its own.
Quote by Meths
I respect and value your opinion.

Just kidding. You're a fucking retard.

Quote by Pr0gNut
You want to strap a bunch of used mattresses to the walls?

Why not just roll around naked in medical waste while you're at it?

Quote by the_perdestrian
medical waste isn't free on craigslist
Last edited by EVH92 at Dec 31, 2009,