Hey all, well just wondering if anyone has tried out this amp head, it's now 9 years old so was really wondering if it's worth getting, is it better than the new Spider 4 HD150? I went off the non tube amps really, but someone said these are good for what they can do. Obviously I am looking at buying second hand with a 4x12 cab, I can't find any information about the cab speakers other than the seller says they are 'Line 6 Tube Tone'. There are a limited number of videos on youtube for this amp, but I notice a lot of people seem to like the new Flextone 3 combos. Definitely thinking about going second hand now because I should be able to get a lot more for my money and maybe be able to do some tweaks / new speakers etc.
The Flextones are terrific...miles better than the Spiders. How much is it going for?

Also...not sure if you need a 4x12 cab to go with it. You could use that money to go toward a better combo/head!
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Well the guy is asking £250 for it with the 4x12 cab (which is kind of bashed about a bit), plus a 4 way pedal. Is this a good price for this kind of amp?
Thats an awesome amp for about any single genre you can throw at it. £250 isn't bad considering you could easy get that back on the amp if its not for you!
I have a line 6 flextone II plus amp. It cost me £300 and is probably the greatest amp I've ever had. The tone is amazing. There are 10 effects that are really cool and you can store different settings (5 i think). Honestly, it's unbelievably good (for the price).
Cool, well I was thinking maybe getting it and striping the cab down (if it's up to it), maybe changing the speakers and the amp covering + grill cloth (as it's slightly ripped). If it's really beat about tho I'll probably just sell the cab and try find another 2nd hand - or build one.
You should probably try to find a different amp. If it's such bad condition that you're thinking of stripping it down then you should try to find a different line 6 amp... Maybe?
Flex 2 > Spider 4

The flex 2 head is essentially the model before the hd147 with fewer amp models. They supposedly are really good. A number of bands use to use this amp that I know well (evanescence and lacuna coil in their early years) and some still do (dirge within- actually i understand that their new album was recorded entirely with the flex 2 hd).

i'd pick it up if its still in good condition!
Quote by HellBoy9393
The Flextones are terrific...miles better than the Spiders. How much is it going for?

Also...not sure if you need a 4x12 cab to go with it. You could use that money to go toward a better combo/head!

The low end spiders are awful and sound digital, the valve sounds good.. tubes...
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by DeadlyDevil1985
The low end spiders are awful and sound digital, the valve sounds good.. tubes...

Valve as in Spider Valve? If that's what you meant, then I agree with you. One of the guitarists I'm subscribed to on Youtube uses one (the 212 combo) and it sounds brilliant (the guitars he plays are an Ibanez ART100 and an Epiphone SG G-400. His previous amp was a Spider 3, ick.) I even tried one at Guitar Center a couple weeks ago and was blown away.

Anyways, back on topic. Personally, I haven't gotten to try a Flextone yet myself, but I've been hearing so many good things about them on this thread and the rest of UG, that I now want to try one (provided I can find a place that still carries them). TS, if that's what you want, and the rest of UG is recommending it, I say go for it.
Quote by Kikuta
Sell your Valvestate to brainless 17 year old for mighty sums of dollars. Purchase a JMP for a pittance from a desperate seller. Masturbate to pictures of yourself and your new, real Marshall. Eternal glory awaits.

Well I was after a valve amp really but thought I'd see what this is like, I think the head is in good condition but the cab is just a bit bashed, and the front cloth is broke. Will make sure it's tested fully anyway if I do go for it! Other than that I was looking at the Peavey Valve King and modding it, but works out pricey buying new and changing tubes etc.. the spider valve 40 watt is £380.