This was intended for the odd time signature competition after after a few hours of writing in 5/8, 11/8, 8/8 and 7/8 i realised it simplified down to 6/8, 8/8, 12/8 and 4/8, and none of those are odd :/ the simplified time sigs made writing the drums much easier as you can imagine.
This isnt meant to be like a full song with lyrics, itd just be a short fairly epic instrumental interlude

C4C as usual, the more you write the more i write
Attachments:
Instrumental.zip
The bass sounded terrible in the intro. The drums weren't great. And didn't really fit with the guitar at all. I think the weird time signatures ruined the song a little bit. It must've put you in a weird place because the music reflects that. The rhythms are odd and the drums seem uncomfortable and like you're trying to force them into the song.

The guitar melodies are mostly excellent. You're clearly a proficient guitarist and talented in that aspect. I think that you should perhaps try writing this certain song using more standard and simple time signatures (i.e. 4/4, 3/4, 6/8) rather than just putting weird time signatures for the hell of it.

Maybe try and redo the song using standard time signatures and redo the drums and I think this song has alot of potential.

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1253949
what exactly sounded weird about the bass? and what was wrong with the drums, that fit fairly well as far as i can tell.
and the whole point in me moving from the weird time sigs to more conventional ones was so i didnt have to force the other parts in, that fit more naturally in these time signatures.and you said use 4/4, 3/4, 6/8. i used 4/8, 8/8 and 12/8 which are all simple signatures like you ones you mentioned.

but thanks for the crit anyway, every opinion helps.
Well if it sounds fine to you then that's great. I just wanted to give you some impartial crit because the bass sounded too loud and the drums didn't really fit. I wasn't insulting your writing.
i know you weren't, sorry if i came off a bit twatish, i just didnt see your point whereas i usually do with peoples crit. but yeah i can make the bass quieter. anyway like i said, thanks for the crit, it means a lot.