Page 1 of 2
I took looked at my empty wallet, discusting ashtray, and the calendar. I took the upcoming new year as my opportunity to quit. Hopefully, it will last. To those of you who quit smoking, what did you guys do to get through it? I am off to sleep for now, cannot wait to read your responses in the morning.

Happy newyear UG.

EDIT, I live in Japan, so new years comes pretty quick around here.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Last edited by larrytheguitar at Dec 31, 2009,
11 hours and 20 minutes left.
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
i cant count
ALL OF MY CRAP SONGS/IDEAS

Quote by God
LOLjk guise, im not real.

Quote by JDbbx
I don't want to go into detail but it involves my girlfriend, a condom and 10 seconds.

If anyone sigs that I shall be most irritated
All I can say is I have a friend who smoked and quit. What you have to do is only focus on that one thing. You can't focus on any other goals. Maybe put a crushed up pack somewhere in your car or whatnot so every time you look at that you say "I can't go back to that shit". Most of all you just have to be strong because it will suck so hard for a few weeks. Then all of a sudden it will slowly clear and you will feel great. Only 1/10 people who try to quit actually do. Maybe get a friend to call everytime you want to go buy a cigarette.
Good luck TS, I'm trying to do the same
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
Just constantly play guitar. If you are always doing something else you won't have the opportunity to smoke. Just make up any distraction you can. It helps if it is a people oriented thing too, because if you want to smoke they will stop you. Goood luck man I wish you all the luck.
i've never smoked so i have a question...

whats so great about it?

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
good luck man if you pull it off you are a stronger man than myself. i tried once, by the end of the day i was pacing the whole house, had chewed a whole pack of gum, and was shakin so bad that my guitar playing became a complete joke.
your a wreck, an accident, forget the freak your just nature, keep the gun oiled and the temple clean, shit snort and blaspheme, let the heads cool and the engine run, because in the end everything we do is just everything we've done.
-corey taylor
Quote by speedy1330

whats so great about it?

This. There is literally nothing good about smoking.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

ive got some tips for quitting -

watch yourself on the third day, the third week, and the third month. after you pass all those, you're pretty much set for life.

don't use any gum or patches, it is so much better to go coldturkey

get a piece of paper, and note the time you feel a craving and what you are c urrently doing, sometimes cravings are triggered by environmental factors and if you can find a pattern in your cravings, it becomes a lot easier.

it might also be helpful to lay off the hard alcohol while you're quitting
12 hours 2 minutes... i think

and congrats, my dad quit when he was really young
then he lost his job and to relieve stress, he started
so stay smoke-free forever
thats my advice
Gear:
Alesis Multimix 8 USB 2.0
Alesis DM6
Two Colling's acoustics (my dad's)
Ibanez SoundGear bass
Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
Ovation 12-string (also dad's)
Sony 5.1 system
Quote by peaches58`
Just constantly play guitar. If you are always doing something else you won't have the opportunity to smoke. Just make up any distraction you can. It helps if it is a people oriented thing too, because if you want to smoke they will stop you. Goood luck man I wish you all the luck.

No, that won't help any.

TS you're gonna get pissed off (if you aren't already) and you're gonna think about it ALOT but trust me you can get over it. BTW there's also a second hump about a month or so in where you say "Man, I guess I deserve a smoke for all this not smoking", don't go for it.
No means maybe
Exactly 12 hours from the new year here.
Just be strong man. I've never smoked but my mom's tried 3 or 4 times and after about 2 or 3 months she goes back to it.
Last edited by cornmancer at Dec 31, 2009,
Quote by speedy1330

whats so great about it?

It just feels really good lighting up at the end of a hard day, or after a gig or something similar. I just find it really calming to go outside for a fag. I'm not a really a heavy smoker, though: a pack normally lasts me a month.

EDIT: Good luck TS. Stay strong. Report back here every day for a month or so, just to keep yourself motivated. If you have the support of your friends, and the pit, then you can't fail!
Last edited by National_Anthem at Dec 31, 2009,
I´ve been clean now for 3 1/2 years !!!!!! How did I do it, My boss said if I quit for 3 months he would give a guitar. I quit and he gave me one badass guitar. RG1550 (pic is in my profile).
Quote by sstony
I´ve been clean now for 3 1/2 years !!!!!! How did I do it, My boss said if I quit for 3 months he would give a guitar. I quit and he gave me one badass guitar. RG1550 (pic is in my profile).

Give your boss a big just for me

I'm doing the same thing, man. Today's supposed to be my last day as a smoker. Let's see how it goes...

Anyway, good luck for everybody.

EDIT:

By the way, there should be a thread for those who want to quit doing something. Some kind of MOD thing... You know, I think it would be very helpful for some of us to have a place where we can come and say "I'm clean" every day or week.
Seamonkey has my money!

Quote by shattamakar
My dog came into my room while I was fapping.
I couldn't look Wolfie in the eye for a week.
Last edited by YourMomToTheMaX at Dec 31, 2009,
I quit smoking last new year. I don't really know how, mostly willpower I guess. I've had a couple of cigarettes recently and it isn't as good as it used to seem.
Quote by smb
I quit smoking last new year. I don't really know how, mostly willpower I guess. I've had a couple of cigarettes recently and it isn't as good as it used to seem.

They never were any good.
Everytime a friend of mine would get the urge to smoke he would get a sucker instead. It said it helped him. Its a very hard habit to quit, I wish you luck sir.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by National_Anthem
It just feels really good lighting up at the end of a hard day, or after a gig or something similar. I just find it really calming to go outside for a fag. I'm not a really a heavy smoker, though: a pack normally lasts me a month.

EDIT: Good luck TS. Stay strong. Report back here every day for a month or so, just to keep yourself motivated. If you have the support of your friends, and the pit, then you can't fail!

+1

Yeah, it just feels good and chills you out, and is something to occupy you. I rarely smoke only really when im drunk or freaking the **** out, but i find myself sitting waiting for a bus or something like thinking 'i wish i had a smoke right now...'

The only guy i know well who is proper addicted complains about it all the time, and has tried giving up a couple times and failed. Best of luck TS!
I heard it takes 21 days to break a habit
I'll pretend I can mod your amp but break it instead.
You know how you don't have a smoke for 2 days and when ya finally get ya hands on one it tastes like shit and ya like "It didn't taste this bad 2 days ago" just remember that feeling of that first cigarette after 2 days and how bad it tastes.
MonsterBeast Is Fat And Ugly!
Quote by sstony

You have the greatest boss ever.

OT: Good luck, TS. It's going to be brutal but it's worth it.
Seven days is what it takes to break the physical addiction and withdrawals from nicotine.

Quote by guitarlord28
I heard it takes 21 days to break a habit

Then this.

Then it's all just psychological, which at that point, should be easy.
Quote by TheBadPlace
You have the greatest boss ever.

OT: Good luck, TS. It's going to be brutal but it's worth it.

Yes I do !!!!!!!
i have a pack left. i heard you get fatter when you quit... is this true???
Quote by Rush_fan2112
i want to walk down the streets of a very large, populized city (one like toronto, or new york) wearing a wonder woman costume and eating a stick of butter

Quote by figsandbobo
I can eat a 16" no problem.
hey buddy! good luck! i've gone two weeks to the day completely nicotine-free. i've been tempted a lot. it helps just to occupy yourself with something else completely. just spend a lot of time in places where you can't smoke.

it's easier to quit when you're not consciously quitting. when you're constantly thinking about it it makes you crave more often and more intensely.
#DTWD
Page 1 of 2