I've been trying to fit a new pair of pickups into a jackson KVX10 for a while now, and I've just hitting problem after problem - I'm fairly close now, I have all of the parts I need and all of them fit, but the latest problem I've encountered is that I've bought a seymour duncan jazz to go in the neck position, but the wire isn't long enough. I'm seriously hopeing I haven't just wasted £45, I'm fairly sure it's possible for the wire (or rather 4 wires) can be changed, I'm just wondering if it's a job for me (a little electronics knowledge, a fair amount of soldering experience) or a professional. I've spent so much time & money on this guitar already (probably more than it's worth) and I just want to get it finished now.

tl:dr - can I fit a new 4 conductor wire to a pickup myself, or should I take the pickup to a professional?
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
just strip back the wire and twist another one to it tight and then solder. you should put some shrink wrap or electrical tape around the splice.

edit: oh, four conductor wire strip back the insulation a little ways, separate each wire and add more to each individual wire as I described above. make sure none of em touch each other.
Last edited by The4thHorsemen at Dec 31, 2009,