Okay, so I've been looking for some badass 7 string guitar but it seems that I can't decide which is the best for me or what brand should I buy... I'm looking for something that can sound clean and also give a nice sounding distortion. Mostly to play things such as Dream Theater and that kind of stuff. (I won't buy the guitar yet, but I just want to know which one should I pick when I have enough money)
So... can anyone of you guys give some suggestions? I'd really appreciate your help!
Thanks!
i'll recommend the ibanez rg1527, i got one myself. except for the pickups it's awesome (i changed them to dimarzio).
but, if you got enough money, buy a dean rc7 (or one of the cheaper ones, rc7x, i guess), that thing is KILLER!
Click the link in my sig.
That thread is very helpful.
For sale:
Schecter C1 Classic.
Schecter 007 Elite.
Randall G2 Head.
Crate 4x12 cab.
Line 6 POD XT.
Samson PG2200 power amp.
Thanks for the replies but, I'd rather buy something without having to switch pickups and I can't afford rusty's dean .
Last edited by MetalRandomDude at Dec 31, 2009,
Quote by MetalRandomDude
Thanks for the replies but, I'd rather buy something without having to switch pickups and I can't afford rusty's dean .

I would say a LTD Viper 417 or schecter atx/hellraiser/blackjack 7 string if you want guitars that dont need pickup swaps.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Quote by Ippon
You need a decent amp to make a badass or intermediate or beginner 7-string sound good. Did you want one with a fixed or floating bridge?

He speaks the truth. What amp are you using TS?
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
I'm using a JVM410H, so I guess any 7 string should sound good, I would like something with a floating bridge.. again thanks for replying!
Last edited by MetalRandomDude at Dec 31, 2009,
Quote by MetalRandomDude
I'm using a JVM410H, so I guess any 7 string should sound good, I would like something with a floating bridge.. again thanks for replying!

That amp is great for a 7 string go for it.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
If you're looking for something on the cheaper end an Agile can be had for about $650 + shipping. Never tried one myself but the specs look great and I've heard fairy goof things about them.
The color doesn't matter as long as I find the guitar haha, but I would prefer it cherry. Thank you guys!
Agile 7-string guitars seem very popular among people in this forum. The Agile Interceptor looks like a good guitar, and they offer them with Duncan pickups now. Check the 7-String Guitar Thread. I imagine there is a great deal of information on them.
Quote by MetalRandomDude
The color doesn't matter as long as I find the guitar haha, but I would prefer it cherry. Thank you guys!

Thick neck but great specs. The ATX is similar with seymour duncan active pickups and the blackjack is similar with passive seymour duncans.
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Oh... I didn't look the size of the neck, I'd like something thinner, what can you recommend me?
Thanks again
Quote by MetalRandomDude
Oh... I didn't look the size of the neck, I'd like something thinner, what can you recommend me?
Thanks again
You can get some used Ibanez 7s, thinner necks, from $300 - $600, depending on condition:

If you're patient, maybe you'll want to wait until NAMM to see what's coming up. Chances are that there will be more 7 strings to choose from.

My expectation is that DBZ will be announcing a 7 string guitar (7 string Bird of Prey?) at NAMM. I'm also expecting many guitar companies to stock their guitars with active Duncan Blackouts instead of EMGs (which I think sound better).

If you're getting one right now, I recommend the Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR for $1,000. I think that it's well priced for a guitar that has a Mahogany body, Original Floyd Rose, and active EMG pickups.
Guitars:
DBZ Bird of Prey Blood Red
Jose Feliciano Acoustic Guitar Debut Series Natural
Amp:
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 60W 1x12 Guitar Combo Amp
Pedal:
Peavey Sanpera I
Tuner:
intellitouch PT10 Tuner (Chromatic)
I have a Gary Kramer R36 Turbulence, it's awesome and really comfortable. If you don't need a neck pickup, check it out.
I'm currently working on a system to generate MIDI from the motion of a guitar. More info coming soon.
Quote by FatalGear41
Agile 7-string guitars seem very popular among people in this forum. The Agile Interceptor looks like a good guitar, and they offer them with Duncan pickups now. Check the 7-String Guitar Thread. I imagine there is a great deal of information on them.

Unless I'm missing something, they seem to have a Licensed Floyd Rose instead of an Original Floyd Rose. Most guitars that have Licensed Floyd Rose tend to go out of tune when doing bends and dive bombs (From what I hear Ibanez does the best job at licensed Floyd Rose).

Are there any testimonials on the licensed floyd rose that the Agile 7-string has?
Guitars:
Amp:
Pedal:
Peavey Sanpera I
Tuner:
Last edited by Biblico at Jan 2, 2010,
Quote by Biblico
Unless I'm missing something, they seem to have a Licensed Floyd Rose instead of an Original Floyd Rose. Most guitars that have Licensed Floyd Rose tend to go out of tune when doing bends and dive bombs (From what I hear Ibanez does the best job at licensed Floyd Rose).

Are there any testimonials on the licensed floyd rose that the Agile 7-string has?

Not all LFRs are bad. Jackson's aren't bad and I heard that Agile ones are surprisingly sturdy as well. They aren't OFRs by any means, but for the price they're good. An OFR would increase the price by 200 bucks.
Ibanez S7320
Peavey 5150 + Mesa 2x12 Rectifier
Quote by Xherion
Not all LFRs are bad. Jackson's aren't bad and I heard that Agile ones are surprisingly sturdy as well. They aren't OFRs by any means, but for the price they're good. An OFR would increase the price by 200 bucks.

I understand that Ibanez has the Edge and ZR series that do an awesome job at staying in tune, but I think the extra $200 dollar investment for an OFL is worth it because if you're going to spend $800 on a guitar, you might as well spend $1,000 and get the guitar that you'll absolutely never regret.

Also, EMGs can later be changed to Blackouts, but it's unlikely that you can change a LFR for an OFR if you're unhappy with it. I just don't think it's worth making compromises once you're spending that much money.
Guitars:
Amp:
Pedal:
Peavey Sanpera I
Tuner:
Last edited by Biblico at Jan 2, 2010,