I'm pretty sure when you cover a song as long as you credit the artist you don't need permission. Don't turn this into a legal argument, I'd like feedback or comments on the song; not a debate.
And maybe the wording is confusing in the original post, the Poker Face cover is ENTIRELY recorded by us, no element of the original song was used except the idea. I do not use backing tracks, it is my band playing the song. Sorry for the confusion.
If you plan on selling this cd you may be in for alot of shit that you dont know about. Just giving credit to the artist is not enough. If you use the text, melody, the entire song no matter if your ban played it or not could cost you big money and an even bigger headache.
I did´nt want to debate you or even start a legal argument. It was just a question.
Did I mention selling it? Did I even mention it at all? No, I want comments, I want feedback, I'm NOT selling this.
Why in the hell would you go to a studio and record your songs (professionally as you stated) and not want to sell it ? That must have cost some bucks ! I know from my bands studio time was expensive as all hell. I will have a listen, you dont have to yell.
haha not yelling dude, I guess it just comes out that way when you put things in all caps for emphasis. Yeah, it was mad expensive but to us the exposure of a professional EP is better than any kind of monetary gain we can get out of it. The idea is to have people listen to a pro quality recording of our style of music, and if they like it they can download it for free and listen to it and become fans. We spent 4 days in the studio doing these 5 tracks, but I think they came out good, and I think what would really be worth our while is to get some feedback which is why I'm here. Im sorry to have come off as harsh, I just always seem to get harassed when I come in here haha, but I guess I wasn't. Sorry about the misunderstanding, I look forward to hearing your opinion!
i was quite curios about poker face haha. ok first off your guitar sounds way too muddy. it's just like...too fuzzy. try for more of a cutting tone? the drum tone is really good although i'm not a fan of the snare. double kick was awesome.

ok, nightmares: ok liked this one a lot more. more upbeat, a lot cooler. good screamer. guitars could still be more prominant. it makes me feel like there's something wrong with them and they need to be hidden becauase i can't hear all the cool shit you're doing.

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=22790555#post22790555
Too cool for a signature.
Yeah i've been getting a lot of feedback that the guitar level needs to be raised a bit. But thank you! Poker Face was more of a joke haha, and of course I will check out yours!
I live in the New York area.

The cleans on the vocals weren't the greatest, screams were fine but it's not that hard so yeah xD

The guitars were muddy and the snare wasn't very full, and the cymbals were weak, and I couldn't hear the high hat unless there was none then fine. But the kick and toms were great.
Quote by DarknessPeering
I'm pretty sure when you cover a song as long as you credit the artist you don't need permission. Don't turn this into a legal argument, I'd like feedback or comments on the song; not a debate.

Just so you know, you're wrong. I'm not trying to argue or anything, I'm just letting you know for your sake. Just keep that in mind for later on down the road.

As for the songs, they're pretty good quality. The cymbals need to be a little bit louder, I think. I dunno what else to say besides that. This is really isn't my style of music at all, but it's still very well done.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Quote by rockfan7
I live in the New York area.

The cleans on the vocals weren't the greatest, screams were fine but it's not that hard so yeah xD

The guitars were muddy and the snare wasn't very full, and the cymbals were weak, and I couldn't hear the high hat unless there was none then fine. But the kick and toms were great.

The cleans I am aware of, and unless I can see a video of you attempting to scream with a full range, you are dead wrong. It is extremely hard.
It is incredibly full when not channeled through laptop speakers.

Sorry to sound like a dick but you just generalized and spat on my role as guitarist and vocalist. Screaming is not an easy thing to do.
Last edited by DarknessPeering at Jan 3, 2010,
Quote by DarknessPeering
Sorry to sound like a dick but you just generalized and spat on my role as guitarist and vocalist. Screaming is not an easy thing to do.

Don't react so negatively to criticism. Especially after you ask for it.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
I can scream thank you very much, it is not hard at all.

But I'm not wasting my time to prove my self to you cuz I could care less.
Has all of this been mastered ? If not you can fix the weak points which were mentioned above then master it if need be. All in all not to bad considering the amount of time you used in the studio compared to some bands that take months if not years to produce shit.
dont want to start an argument but screaming isnt as easy as it sounds.

Either way the songs are pretty good. The guitar tones as said before are muddy. cut alot of bass and boost up them mids. The drums were pretty good but the kick wasnt super meaty. Finaly im wondering how much you paid for the of this whole album? ie rates per hour or per song.

If you dont want to say it here I guess then pm me. The reason I ask is because I think I might be able to give equal/higher quality recording at my home studio and was wondering about rates.
wow... quite intense comments in here

First of all... Im not a big fan of this genre of music... but as a musician (Wannabe) we have to be open to all kind of music... I cant comment anything on the vocal side...

I think... when I listen to this genre of music... the guitars tend to sound different than urs.. drums... yup... like the rest above me stated... the snare didn't stand out in ur songs..

Overall... its ok... have a great potential of being great... but not there yet.... In time... you guys will Improve...

P/S: About covering other people songs... do we need an official permission from the artist... cos I made a lot of cover video... and I saw a lot of people covering in youtube...

care to explain a bit...
Yeah I can remaster and remix it for free, I think if I raise the snare and guitar volume a bit on the tracks and do a better job listening for stuff then the guitars wouldn't sound so muddy. That is definitely a possibility here; the semi-amateur mix job, haha. And I am not trying to fight, but screaming isn't hard to do mediocre. It is really hard to get a full range, it is really hard to sound powerful, intense, and it takes a lot of practice to develop. Like anything else, really. Just don't badmouth screaming because it is difficult to do it well.