Poll: Which pickup? (Bridge)
Poll Options
View poll results: Which pickup? (Bridge)
Dimarzio X2N
2 8%
Dimarzio D-Activator X
1 4%
Dimarzio D-Activator
5 19%
Dimarzio D Sonic
4 15%
SD JB
5 19%
SD Duncan Distortion
9 35%
Voters: 26.
well bareknuckles are said to be excellent but i have no experience with them at all. from what i know duncans are great pickups. in their selection look into an sh-6, sh-8, or an sh-13 for the bridge and an sh-1 in the neck. You can also try dimarzios. in that case just go with evos or deactivators.....but from what i hear bareknuckles are top notch quality so id try those
what if i said that the bareknuckles are too expensive.

The poll results so far says i should get the duncan distortion but is that pickup high output enough to do metalcore stuff. I was thinking the x2n or d activator x?
;} KsE
Quote by BigDwii
what if i said that the bareknuckles are too expensive.

Then get Irongear Hot Slags or Steamhammer or Hammerhead £25 each you can;t go wrong.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

I picked the X2N, because the X2N sucks tone-wise, but you're playing metalcore so it doesnt matter.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Ignore VantheKraut. I'd go with the SH-6, but I've heard very good things about the Irongear Hot Slag, Steam Hammer, and Hammer Head. Good enough that I'm buying a steam hammer to see how it works out.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by VanTheKraut
I picked the X2N, because the X2N sucks tone-wise, but you're playing metalcore so it doesnt matter.

LOL Michael Romeo has bad tone?

Anyway ts what amp do you play through?
BareKnuckle pickups aren't cheap but they are the best so they're worth the investment.

Which pickup is best for you will mean you providing more information. Yes, you play Metalcore, which suggests a high output pup but which one will give you the tone you're after will vary depending on:

1) The amp you use
2) The wood used in the body of the guitar
3) The wood used for the neck

It would also be handy if you could describe the tone you're after in a bit more detail as 'Metalcore' is a bit vague.
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
I would get a D sonic, I mean.... i used to have it on my guitar and it sounds ****ing nice.
Id get the sh-6 but im a little biased as i have one. I've got some clips of it doing metalcore stuff in profile if you want to listen
Quote by Neopowell the PUSO
Girls, stuck for a present? Get your man a remote control helicopter. Guys fucking love remote control helicopters.

Mah gear

Ibanez RG350mdx w/ SD TB-6
Ibanez RG7321 <3
Vyper 15
Ashdown EB 12-180 EVO II Combo

7>6!
Quote by BigDwii
which one should i get for metalcore kinda stuff. No actives.

Get the SD Distortion .....or better get SD Blackouts ( there are 3 variants available AHB-1 , AHB-2 Metal and Mick Thompson EMTY ) they have more warmth and definition in their tone ....
The D-Sonic is also a good option , it has awesome bass response .....!
Also ...do check out BareKnuckle if you can stretch your budget , if yes then do consider a Miracle man or a War pig !
Last edited by sigma005 at Jan 1, 2010,
get irongear steamhammers or hammerheads if u cant afford bareknuckles.

otherwise dimarzio d-sonic
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
I pick the SD Duncan Distortion out of your list but pick ups are really personal preference.

I love the sound of Rockfields Mafia and Fat Ass pups myself.

John
What guitar are you putting it into?
You know, you're probably reading this saying "Hey, I'm bored, maybe this'll be funny?"
It's not. Too bad. No, I am not refunding you those 6 seconds of your life. So :P

I'm using D Activator and it works quite well for my taste of modern/classic blend of metal, so I think D Activator X should be suited for -core's and extreme metal type, but I don't know too much to talk about SD's.