http://www.jmiamplification.com/

Apparantly these JMI reissues kick major tail, and it looks like they only have a few dealers in the US, and none are even remotley close to where I am. Does anybody know of any other places that sell these?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65

Apparantly these JMI reissues kick major tail, and it looks like they only have a few dealers in the US, and none are even remotley close to where I am. Does anybody know of any other places that sell these?

you'd have to order one, then. that's the problem with boteek amp companies, it's hard to actually get them without ordering them and gambling a wad of cash on an amp.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
JMI are great amps, I played one down Denmark Street. The only way you could do it is gambling, unless you could ask your local music shop to get one in and see what they say.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
wow I never heard of this company, im mad interested now
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Quote by dcdossett65

you can only order them straight from JMI.

here is the problem, the waiting list is MASSIVE. you may be waiting up to a year before your order is even processed. not to mention the fact that their best one, the AC30/6 is a $4000 amp. if I were you, I'd just stick to the vox Handwired Heritage reissues. I would take me my AC30H2L handwired over anything that JMI is reissuing, its certainly rarer and more unique, and I saved a $1000
^I way prefer JMI's to Vox, just based on that ALL Vox's are now made in China. JMI used to own Vox, but now Korg do, this is when I started really hating vox (especially their CC series). Whereas JMI's are all made in England with care and attention.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
^I way prefer JMI's to Vox, just based on that ALL Vox's are now made in China. JMI used to own Vox, but now Korg do, this is when I started really hating vox (especially their CC series). Whereas JMI's are all made in England with care and attention.

that's a rather closed minded way of looking at it. Not everything that comes out of China these days is crap and just beacuse something is made in China does not mean that it does not receive attention to detail.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
^Most of the components that Vox now use are cheap and crap.
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer

first off, i guarantee my vox is better sounding than any JMI AC30 that isn't the AC30/6

secondly, mine is made in china, or more specifically, WIRED in China by hand. the african mahogany used to build it was hard carved, built, and oiled in england. the wiring is done in china, and the chassis is shipped to england where it is tube, installed, and tested.

80% of my amp is built with care and attention in England. the other 20% is built in china... with care and attention. do you really think they could charge $3200 for an amp NOT built with care and attention? do you know why my amp is not MORE expensive than the JMI AC30s? because they managed to keep the price down by having the wiring done in china. If JMI made the same vox that I have with the african mahogany cabinet, it would probably cost 6 or 7000 dollars.

you have obviously never played a Heritage Handwired vox. I guarantee you it sounds better than ALL the JMI voxs except for the highest end ac30/6. and even still, mine is nicer looking, and will hold its value better. Suffice to say I feel I made a much better choice.

Quote by Jak Archer
^Most of the components that Vox now use are cheap and crap.

I'm sorry, what? I couldn't hear you over the tone coming out of this bad boy

stop judging based on those CC pieces of shit. Have a look at some REAL vox amps.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 31, 2009,
Next time I go to Denmark Street I will do JMI vs (New) Vox and I'll see which one I like best.
Quote by Kensai

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
Next time I go to Denmark Street I will do JMI vs (New) Vox and I'll see which one I like best.

new better mean Handwired.

don't even try and compare a CC to a JMI
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
*Win post*

Thank You!
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
If I was getting an AC30 from vox, I dont think i'd go as far the the mahogany version, which I have the chance to try, but I think i'd just go for the cream/white handwired w/ blues. What do you think?
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
If I was getting an AC30 from vox, I dont think i'd go as far the the mahogany version, which I have the chance to try, but I think i'd just go for the cream/white handwired w/ blues. What do you think?

well, you're saving close to $500 getting it without mahogany lol. They sound almost exactly the same, but the mahogany cab makes it sound a little better imo. It was a big enough difference to my ears to get me to spend an extra $500. but a lot of people aren't going to hear any different, and the cream tolex one sounds pretty damn awesome as it is.
Yeah, the white is about $2000, mahogany about $2600, I might actually do it depending on how much I make from selling the orange and cab. I figure ill probably get around $2500 total.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Yeah, the white is about $2000, mahogany about $2600, I might actually do it depending on how much I make from selling the orange and cab. I figure ill probably get around $2500 total.

if you found a white one for $2000 BUY IT.

here in canada the white goes for $2700, and the mahogany for $3200
Quote by bantoto

this

JMIs are, according to word of mouth, great amps. They are the original parent company of Vox. The 'JM' in JMI are the initials of the man who designed the original AC-series amps. Never played or heard one in person, but pedigree alone speaks volumes.

Be that as it may, however. If you are willing to order and wait for a JMI Vox-clone, there is no shortage of boutique builders making Vox clones. IMO, Valvetech is leading that pack with their Hayseed line. I've heard one. Incredible. And for the price, really hard to beat.
Last edited by faberbz at Jan 1, 2010,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
if you found a white one for $2000 BUY IT.

here in canada the white goes for $2700, and the mahogany for $3200

http://www.humbuckermusic.com/voxhawiam.html

EDIT: You know what, I might just indulge and get the mahogany, it looks too damn cool, it might just be worth it. Plus resale value would probably be pretty good in later years.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Last edited by dcdossett65 at Jan 1, 2010,
They look pretty tits. I've used a JMI 2x12 with alnico blues, and it was amazing. Wish I owned it
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.