What's up. I need a good guitar for playing rock, metal, shred, you know, the good stuff I have a Schecter Damien FR and it has never let me down. Great action, Floyd Rose is amazing, nice look, EMGs, only problem it's a bolt-on neck but I can deal with that. I want something similar to this...no more than $600
I greatly appreciate any help!

I'm in the process of selling my Tama 7-piece - might be able to spend more than $600......
Last edited by JustinSyn at Jan 1, 2010,
A bit curious why you would want another guitar similar to what you already have? is it for drop tunings or stuff like that?
Quote by Jackamedmos
A bit curious why you would want another guitar similar to what you already have? is it for drop tunings or stuff like that?

yeah, dude, i play in alternate tunings constantly so i need to be able to switch without having to fight with the tremelo system for an hour to change tuning
Quote by shmoener
Get an RG, they never fail

thanks, bro..but which model specifically?
go to a store - try out the makes you listed that are in your price range
whichever one feels and palys the best to you, buy it . . . simple
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT
I say go for a ltd ec-401 black, its pretty cheap and its a great instrument! it also seem to be what you are looking for
Quote by JustinSyn
thanks, bro..but which model specifically?

Actually, In that pricerange i'd suggest an S series since iirc all non prestige RGs got an Edge III tremolo and I haven't really heared alot of good things about it.. The ZR tremolo that you can find on the S series is superior, or so they say.
Quote by JustinSyn
yeah, dude, i play in alternate tunings constantly so i need to be able to switch without having to fight with the tremelo system for an hour to change tuning

Would you rather get a hard tail and make that one your alternate tuning guitar? If so I do believe they are clearing out the LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT and surely one of them models would have EMG pickups and meet your specs.
The necks on Schecters tend to be quite thick but it's personal preference. ESP is better but still not in Ibanez territory. At that price range the best Ibanez series to look at would be the 'S' series. There's plenty versatility in the sound, they have thin and fast necks with nice, flat fingerboards, upper fret access is good and the trem system is one of the best you can get. Try looking at an S470
Gibson Les Paul Studio with Catswhiskers pickups
PRS SE 'Floyd' Custom 24 with Creamery pickups
Fender Standard Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups
Takamine GN30
BluGuitar AMP1
PRS all the way man... 25" scale, thin fretboard.... oooh man
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by JustinSyn
What's up. I need a good guitar for playing rock, metal, shred, you know, the good stuff I have a Schecter Damien FR and it has never let me down. Great action, Floyd Rose is amazing, nice look, EMGs, only problem it's a bolt-on neck but I can deal with that. I want something similar to this...no more than $600
I greatly appreciate any help!

Why is the bolt-on neck a problem?
Save up for a hellraiser c6
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Quote by consecutive e
Why is the bolt-on neck a problem?
Because TS hasn't played a good one?
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...