I bought a pack of 12 California thin picks last week from my local music store. So far 5 have broke - in 1 and a half weeks. I don't play particularly hard either. I've had many light and medium picks in the past and not one has broke, even after weeks of playing. However i have found that these fender picks last about a day or two of solid playing before cracking and then eventually breaking. Most of the have broken near the bottom under the fender thin logo.

DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE, DON'T BUY THESE PICKS!
Last edited by andrewjp123 at Dec 31, 2009,
i've had these too and didnt like them much, but some might. try dunlop nylons, they last forever
Quote by paul banks
i've had these too and didnt like them much, but some might. try dunlop nylons, they last forever

Thanks! ill make sure to buy those next time i can
Quote by paul banks

Yeah. don't know why anyone would buy non-Dunlop nylons in the first place hahahaa.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
It's amazing that picks labeled thin picks would break after a day of solid playing.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
It's amazing that picks labeled thin picks would break after a day of solid playing.

I have a dunlop nylon that I've been using off and on for 6 months that hasn't broke?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Quote by tr3nt
I have a dunlop nylon that I've been using off and on for 6 months that hasn't broke?

Mine is over the year mark. They're quite efficient.
Quote by Eddie4President
Either you remind her of a girl, or she's not a lesbian.

Quote by blake1221
Jabba's real name is Katie.
I've got picks that are nearly 3 years old now. They're really worn but broken? No...
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Never had a Dunlop break. Worn plenty down to nothing, but never broken one.
I use Jim Dunlop Jazz 3s or 2s and they're really tough Also helps me to play a bit faster since they're smaller than normal picks.
My Gear :

Jackson JS1 Dinky
Line 6 Spider III 30W

... I need more gear
Fender picks break, it's what they do...
Survivor of the St. John's Lockdown
Quote by SG thrasher

The thread-starter is a legend.
Seriously, who thinks "Shit, i'm gonna die, BRB, Ima' tell UG."?

Quote by The_Paranoia

Congratz man, you are a true, American Hero.
Go Schneiderman!

Gun Facts: Educate Yourself
using ibanez steve vai sig picks(been using the one i caught from him for years G3 -`07)......have some that bought myself also....basically 1mm nylon
Real men use thick picks

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
vpick gas!!
are they awesome?? are they?? how awesome are they? gonna keep refreshing until you respond. have the vpick shopping cart loaded in another window.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
I LOVE my V-Picks. I have about 30 of them now. A shop in my area started carrying them so I bought a few to try. I am addicted now. They actually do make a difference in tone,its fatter and more defined. Also the no slip material is really nice. I use the small sharps in 2.75mm
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge