So, I'm downsizing (and upgrading IMO) from my Bugera 4x12 to a nice Avatar 2x12 to go with my shiny new Mesa Single Recto head.

My dilemma is this: I was originally planning on getting the Traditional G212H Special. But, it seems Avatar is running a year-end special on the Contemporary G212 for exactly the same price as the Traditional cab.

For those who don't know and don't care to click the links, the Traditional is a pretty standard-model 2x12, and the Contemporary is a sort-of clone of the Orange PPC 2x12.

So, I ask UG; can anyone with experience with either of these cabs give me advice on which one I should direct my funds toward? I don't think I could possibly go wrong with either, but I'd like to know what you all think.
I'd go with the contemporary out of those two.

Frankly though, I'd take a vintage over both (and plan to)
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
I have the Contemporary 2x12 with two celestion v30's and it's simply an amazing cab. Great definition and punch. It's very sturdy and built like a tank. Every part of it from the tolex to the handles just seems unbreakable, and I highly recommend it.

As you said though, I really dont think you can go wrong with either...
-Gear-
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Emg 60/81
Orange Tiny Terror
Gibson Hawk
I've been looking at one too. James, did you try your TT with an Orange cab and like the Avatar better? I'm debating between those two.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by ch0
I'd go with the contemporary out of those two.

Frankly though, I'd take a vintage over both (and plan to)
+1
The Contemp. is great, especially at that special price. I believe they're the more expensive model out of the three, so if you can get it at the Trad. price then go for it.

The Vintage model is also good. They look great and are oversized as well.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
the closed back contemporary model will have a bit more low end due increased internal volume of the cabinet. so if you want more low end go with a contemporary.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Quote by Van Noord
The Vintage model is also good. They look great and are oversized as well.
Unloaded Vintage 212 + Eminence Wizards = my 'o' face.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Neither, oversized!
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by ch0
Unloaded Vintage 212 + Eminence Wizards = my 'o' face.
They offer black grill cloth now on the Vintage too, for those who don't dig the wheat color.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
They offer black grill cloth now on the Vintage too, for those who don't dig the wheat color.
That's actually why I'm seriously considering getting one now. I love my JCM 800 cab, but I think I'd love an oversized 2x12 with some Wizards even more.

So, time to sell the Marshall
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by ch0
That's actually why I'm seriously considering getting one now. I love my JCM 800 cab, but I think I'd love an oversized 2x12 with some Wizards even more.

So, time to sell the Marshall
NOOOO! Keep it! Then again, I'm a cab addict, so.... (I'm now on the hunt for a Greenback loaded Marshall 4x12 )
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Van Noord
NOOOO! Keep it! Then again, I'm a cab addict, so.... (I'm now on the hunt for a Greenback loaded Marshall 4x12 )
I haven't got the cash to just outright buy an Avatar and the two Wizards. Anyways I feel like the Marshall is being wasted on me. It's old enough (and in good enough condition) that I don't ever wanna bring it out with me. An Avatar on the other hand, what the hell is an Avatar? Definitely not going to appreciate or becomes a collectors item. Just good-sounding cabs that you can take out playing wherever.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Quote by ch0
I haven't got the cash to just outright buy an Avatar and the two Wizards. Anyways I feel like the Marshall is being wasted on me. It's old enough (and in good enough condition) that I don't ever wanna bring it out with me. An Avatar on the other hand, what the hell is an Avatar? Definitely not going to appreciate or becomes a collectors item. Just good-sounding cabs that you can take out playing wherever.
I hear ya. I have a mint strictly stay at home cab (Mesa), and cabs to throw in the trunk of my car and drag around with me.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION