My guitar string looks like it's spinning in a circle. Like when i strum it i can see it spin in a circle as its vibrating.. idk if it should do that or not. Some help please? Should it do that? And how do i fix it?
Thanks.
=/
as long as it's not causing fret buzz it should be fine it's just an optical appearence, you may also want to change your strings as the string could be damaged from playing
Do you mean the vibration pattern is circular, or the string is twisting? Are you talking about your 3 lower (thicker) strings?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Its the thick E string
Its a new guitar
And like the string is in a circular patter not twisting
Quote by Justin Lazar
Its the thick E string
Its a new guitar
And like the string is in a circular patter not twisting

when i got my epiphone it had strings on it from 07 which was 2 years before i bought it new from a shop, strings that have never been used naturally degrade and can cause problems, also stock strings tned to suck
Sorry about the bump / Double post
But i figured out the problem.. lol
Beginners mistake i guess..
David was right, it was the lighting..
I went to my room and opened the curtains and natural light came in and it didnt do it.
Guess i couldnt really get a good judgement in this low lighted room with a PC moniter on. But thanks those who contributed
Quote by Justin Lazar
Sorry about the bump / Double post
But i figured out the problem.. lol
Beginners mistake i guess..
David was right, it was the lighting..
I went to my room and opened the curtains and natural light came in and it didnt do it.
Guess i couldnt really get a good judgement in this low lighted room with a PC moniter on. But thanks those who contributed

Yeah man, it's just visual effects. If I play my guitar while watching tv, if the strings gets in view of the TV, it does the same thing. It's just an optic perspective/lighting effects thing.
strobe tuners are still the best way to tune a guitar very accurate but very expensive. off topic but everything was tuned by strobe in the old days...including engines.