I was talking to a guy awhile back at gig that i played and he said that he had a dan jacobs electric guitar, and i was like sweet and went on my way. But now he is thinking about selling the guitar and wants to know if I am interested in it. I have been looking online and it seems like none of these guitars are for sale anywhere and he told me to just give him an offer for it. He originaly paid somewhere around 900 which i think thats like 300 off the list price for the guitar. So my question is what would one of these guitars be worth, with a few small scuffs here and there. Also is this guitar anygood. I knmow its an esp, but i havent really played on the guitar for that long. Any help would be much appreciated.

about 6-7 hundred
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Sweet thanks alot for the feedback, have any of you really played on this guitar, because i have played it once and it was pretty sweet, just wondering if its worth the money, because i have been thinking of upgrading my guitar from a jackson randy rhodes to a much better guitar, for a heavier tone
the randy rhodes should be badass for heavy tone.. what pickups are in it and what amp are you using.. that could be the problem.. but the DJ-600 is really good.. i have a friend who is in love with he.. he only plays it and none of his other guitars
Quote by way2fasts
Sweet thanks alot for the feedback, have any of you really played on this guitar, because i have played it once and it was pretty sweet, just wondering if its worth the money, because i have been thinking of upgrading my guitar from a jackson randy rhodes to a much better guitar, for a heavier tone

It's a bit hard because for $700-ish there are plenty of other worthy contenders out there and I think the LTD EX-401DX is cheaper so you should definitely shop around because you may find something cooler for cheaper.
I have never played it, but it has EMGs (with an EMG afterburner booster included), original Floyd Rose, nice woods (mahogany body and maple neck), set-thru construction (which is very nice), nice everything. The only thing I don't like is the finish, that splattered-blood is not exactly my thing; but I totally love the EX shape, it is extremely sexy.
So, probably it is worth it, new it was somewhere around $1200 USD but it is no longer produced since Dan Jacobs changed it to a V-shaped guitar (which looks horrible), a very stupid move if you ask me, but if you can get one of his explorer models, then you are very lucky.
"Terrible wars have been fought where millions have died for one idea, freedom. And it seems that something that means so much to so many people would be worth having." -Andrew Martin (Bicentennial Man)
Quote by azn_guitarist25
It's a bit hard because for $700-ish there are plenty of other worthy contenders out there and I think the LTD EX-401DX is cheaper so you should definitely shop around because you may find something cooler for cheaper.

The EX-401DX goes for $729 new, if I'm not mistaken; but it would be a nice choice, it has a flamed maple top, but other than that, it's very similar do the DJ-600, specially since the TS is getting it cheap.
"Terrible wars have been fought where millions have died for one idea, freedom. And it seems that something that means so much to so many people would be worth having." -Andrew Martin (Bicentennial Man)