I want to listen to more Power Pop as in The Briefs, Buzzcocks, The Exploding Hearts, The Undertones, The Jam, The Only Ones, And The Boys Uk Band not the little black dudes.. If you know of any other bands like this let me know.

RIP The Exploding Hearts
Quote by LonelyStarts
I want to listen to more Power Pop as in The Briefs, Buzzcocks, The Exploding Hearts, The Undertones, The Jam, The Only Ones, And The Boys Uk Band not the little black dudes.. If you know of any other bands like this let me know.

RIP The Exploding Hearts

I love both of those bands.

Unfortunately, I cant help you too much here. I guess id recommend Newtown Neurotics...They're really good IMO
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Go listen to Poison Arrows (who are now the Biters). Poison Arrows have an EP on iTunes which is great. "Shakin' All Over" is an excellent song, and the Biters are incredible too. If you like the Briefs, have you looked into the Cute Lepers yet? Or the New Town Animals (Stevie Kicks' band before the Briefs). Red Invasion have a little power-pop in there, but it's mainly rock 'n' roll.

I'd look into some Pelado Records band. They're probably my favorite label around today. They have some great power-pop on there, along with a lot of good punk (THE PROSTITUTES, the Commies). Full Break Kicks is also great for power-pop.
DOWN&OUT
For really power-poppy pop-punk check out the new Leftovers album.
brnh.bandcamp.com
My friend Ethan says to check out the soda pop kids.

I honestly cant tell you if they are good or not, im just trusting his judgment...
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Quote by DempseyPunk
My friend Ethan says to check out the soda pop kids.

I honestly cant tell you if they are good or not, im just trusting his judgment...

The Soda Pop Kids were an INCREDIBLE band. I wasn't sure if I was gonna call 'em power pop, but if we are, then HELL YEAH.

Write Home was better than Teen Bop Dream, IMO.

Also, there's a band called The Girls who are really good. The name is a little generic, so they're hard to pin down, but they did songs like Return to Zero, TV Glow, Dope Disguised as Nuns. They're not really power-pop, but pretty close to the Briefs. You can check them out here

EDIT: LINKS!!

The Poison Arrows
The Biters
The Soda Pop Kids
Red Invasion (kinda)
The Cute Lepers
and you probably already know The Nice Boys (Terry Six's band after the Hearts). They're not my thing, but eh, why not.
DOWN&OUT
Last edited by Jett Diamond at Jan 1, 2010,
Check out The Tranzmitors from vancouver for sure. Somebody has been getting me into a lot of this stuff lately, but since it's pretty new to me I couldn't give you a huge list of bands off the top of my head.

She made me a compilation though, so I'll list you the bands on that. I think this is mostly older stuff, as opposed to neo-powerpop like the exploding hearts and the briefs.

White Heat
Shivvers
The Real Kids
The Speedies
Nikki & The Corvettes
Nick Lowe
The Barracudas
The Boys
The Only Ones
The Pointed Sticks
Josie Cotton
The Records
The Scientists
Jags
The Beat
The Incredible Kidda Band
Rubinoos
Stiv Bators
Star Jets
The Moondogs

Also, if you like Elvis Costello (which you should) I've got two bands for you to check out: One is called Any Trouble, who came out around the same time as Elvis and sound really similar, and another is called Gentlemen Jesse and His Men who pretty much are a homage to Elvis Costello.

I might drop by this thread again and plug some more stuff, but I'm really no expert. I too have only recently been getting in to this style.
<3
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by sargasm
i woulda mentioned but i forgots lol

can i become a mod?

i wanna do cool things too
im not sure if this what your looking for, but Army of Freshmen, pretty poppy but there sound is ****in cool.

<3
Quote by Strings?!

I quote myself.
Gentleman Jesse and His Men
The Nice Boys
The Marked Men
The Boys
The Cute Lepers

all sorts of bands that have the word Boy/Men in the title
I'm an asshole.
Men Without Hats?
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Check out The Nils self titled album, its great

I dunno about Teenage Fanclub, since they aren't really punk, but they're basically power pop with loud/fuzzy guitars. Bandwagonesque is a classic
It doesn't really matter if TS knows them or not cause he's in jail right now anyways.
I'm an asshole.
Gotta love the Costa Mesa crew.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Tster
power pop - we the kings

not punk. dont check out. sorry i cant help you out here.

Not powerpop either. Not even close...

You may as well just leave the way you came in.
The eater, The nips, Ivy green, The nerves, The cigarettes, The vapors...