Its a Fender Starcaster (First guitar)
I screw the whammy in, doesnt budge down. at all. not a bit. lol
Ive googled for a answer, and i see that you are supposed to unscrew the back aquare plate and do something with the 2 screws?
Or is it just a faulty guitar?
Did you raise the trem a little? If its flush with the guitar all the way down it will be like its hardtail and wont be able to move up at all. That's how I have mine. If I ever want to use it. I have to unscrew the two posts and raise it a little.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
Quote by Chaos Nil
Did you raise the trem a little? If its flush with the guitar all the way down it will be like its hardtail and wont be able to move up at all. That's how I have mine. If I ever want to use it. I have to unscrew the two posts and raise it a little.

You mean like.

What is most likely the problem is that your trem springs are too tight:

1. On the back of the guitar is a rectangular plastic plate, gently un-screw all the small screws and remove it

2. There are two large screws that hold the trem-claw to the body.

3. Un-loosen those just a bit, which should alleviate some of the tension with your trem and make it more bendable.

4. You might also have to un-loosen the six Phillips screws that hold the bridge onto the body as well on the top, but just a little.
Last edited by Justin Lazar at Dec 31, 2009,
post pics

are you having a problem depressing the bar, i don`t think yours is a floyd or edge type trem there fore it`s designed for minimal movement, not manic vai/satch esque dives/pullups.

or is your problem inserting the bar
TNfootballfan62 helped me fix it.
Problem was exactly what i quoted above. Springs were too tight, had to loosen, thanks for the reply tho ibanezgod1973
Quote by Chaos Nil

I'm going to try and explain what I was talking about just in case.

If you look at the first picture, you can see the posts I'm talking about, with the hex shape on the top. Those raise and lower the bridge.

If you look at the second picture:

you can see how its rather flush with the bottom. If you notice on the left side, there is a bit of a corner. Because of that corner, if you lift up on the tremolo arm, you would dig that corner into the guitar and break it (hence I don't use mine). If you were to raise it up some, that corner wouldn't touch the guitar and the tremolo would work.

...and I think i need to dust my guitar off a little...
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘