So per head of population Scotland is probably the most populous on UG.

Edit For Americans... scotland is a nation in the United Kingdom NOT IN ENGLAND!!

Does that mean we are all lazy basterds or just its really really shit weather?
Last edited by Sir-Shredalot at Dec 31, 2009,
So, uh, what's the point of this thread?
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by Dirge Humani
EDIT for Scotsmen: The stupid American jokes are old and unfunny.

it wasnt a joke, americans always say 'you english' when england is just one country out of 4 in the UK bro.
I was under the belief that the United Kingdom is a country, and England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are territories/areas/provinces/states/whatever you want to call 'em in the United Kingdom. But I'm just a stupid American, huh?
Quote by aaciseric
But wouldn't all that be worth it to ride a zebra around campus? Perhaps dressed in chainmail? Maybe with a plastic sword and a wench who may or may not just be a prostitute?

Quote by kstar22bassist
I was under the belief that the United Kingdom is a country, and England, Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland are territories/areas/provinces/states/whatever you want to call 'em in the United Kingdom. But I'm just a stupid American, huh?

Wikipedia is a great thing huh?

Jk
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
Wikipedia is a great thing huh?

Jk

Wikipedia? American high school. Not so stupid now, eh?
Quote by aaciseric
But wouldn't all that be worth it to ride a zebra around campus? Perhaps dressed in chainmail? Maybe with a plastic sword and a wench who may or may not just be a prostitute?

Quote by Sir-Shredalot
it wasnt a joke, americans always say 'you english' when england is just one country out of 4 in the UK bro.

you scottish are always wearing kilts and playing bagpipes.

look i can do it too.
my hovercraft is full of eels
Quote by kstar22bassist
Wikipedia? American high school. Not so stupid now, eh?

You would be better off reading wilkipedia than going to an american high school bro. there are many subjects below developing nations.
Quote by Sir-Shredalot

That's because America has always been a country that considers itself a melting pot of everyone in our culture and nation. Blacks, Asians, whites, Scots, Frenchies, Ruskies, etc., are all just considered "American."

And on the contrary, the individual groups of the U.K. all absolutely insist that they are all very, very different and distinct peoples when on the grand scheme of things, they're all pretty similar.

Yet when outsiders look in and say, "You guys all seem the same to me," instead of saying that you're all "U.K.'ers" or something silly like that, they simply say, "English." Which then leads to all kinds of butthurt about how your grandfathers couldn't get along and share some little island.

[/Stop calling my country stupid rant]
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
You would be better off reading wilkipedia than going to an american high school bro. there are many subjects below developing nations.

Is this from experience? Hmm, probably not. So...

Besides, that was a fragment. Must not teach that in school in the UK...
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
to clarify,

wales is a COUNTRY
scotland is a COUNTRY
England is a COUNTRY
Ireland is a COUNTRY

together, they make the United Kingdom, a group of countries who (except for ireland maybe) are basically alied together.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Dirge Humani
EDIT for Scotsmen: The stupid American jokes are old and unfunny.

To the americans maybe.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
This thread is dumb and pointless.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
Quote by Tango616
Watching a fat kid dance around in a white shirt....wow...Al Gore was right...the glaciers really ARE shifting.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
It's because Fassa got banned

RIP Dime
Quote by archangels666
That's because America has always been a country that considers itself a melting pot of everyone in our culture and nation. Blacks, Asians, whites, Scots, Frenchies, Ruskies, etc., are all just considered "American."

And on the contrary, the individual groups of the U.K. all absolutely insist that they are all very, very different and distinct peoples when on the grand scheme of things, they're all pretty similar.

Yet when outsiders look in and say, "You guys all seem the same to me," instead of saying that you're all "U.K.'ers" or something silly like that, they simply say, "English." Which then leads to all kinds of butthurt about how your grandfathers couldn't get along and share some little island.

Thank you for defending the country from douchebags

/thankingsomeonefortellingpeopletostopcallingmycountrystupidsentence
h'wat
I cannot fit into your skin.
I haven't been able to find a point to this thread.

*REPORTED*
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Quote by ng117
Ireland is NOT in the UK

correcting my own mistake -> Northern Ireland.

wasnt paying full attention.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Sir-Shredalot
it wasnt a joke, americans always

Yeah, and Scottish people are always nationalistic, condescending assholes
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by ng117
ok Sorry

my electronics teacher is from N.Ireland.

he has that kind of, melancholy version of the irish accent.

yet, irish people always sounds happy, reguardless of how depressing theyre actually trying to be

/michaelmacintyrejoke

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
to clarify,

wales is a COUNTRY
scotland is a COUNTRY
England is a COUNTRY
Ireland is a COUNTRY

together, they make the United Kingdom, a group of countries who (except for ireland maybe) are basically alied together.

Scotland is Not a country, because to be a country, you have to meet all of eight criteria. Scotland does not meet two of them:

1.Has sovereignty. No other State (not as the State as in the US but a state as a territory) should have power over the country's territory.
No. The United Kingdom Parliament definitely has power over Scotland's territory.
2.Has external recognition. A country has been "voted into the club" by other countries.
No. Scotland does not have external recognition nor does Scotland have its own embassies in other independent countries.

Also this goes for Whales,England,And Northern Ireland.
h'wat
Last edited by devilskommander at Dec 31, 2009,
Quote by Dirge Humani
EDIT for Scotsmen: The 'Americans are stupid' jokes are old but yet incredibly true.

<.<

>.>

I didn't do anything.
Quote by archangels666

eh hello. thats because we are. where do you think your ancestors came from Birmingham Alabama?
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
eh hello. thats because we are. where do you think your ancestors came from, Birmingham Alabama?

Fixed. American schools aren't so bad after all.

Oh, and I think you missed his point. Being from the same region, all of you that dwell in and around the United Kingdom have similar physical qualities. The United Kingdom "countries" don't consist of different peoples.

Like Spain and Mexico for instance. A Spaniard's skin color is generally lighter than a Mexican's, even though they derive from the same ancestor. 2 people that should be similar, yet are not.

Even Asia shows these characteristics. Koreans, Japanese, and Chinese all are physically different (I hear they're eyes slant differently, not to sound racist or anything).

If UK'ers show these differences, they are incredibly minuscule. So yeah, you're not that different from each other.
Quote by aaciseric

Last edited by kstar22bassist at Dec 31, 2009,
Quote by Sir-Shredalot
eh hello. thats because we are. where do you think your ancestors came from, Birmingham, Alabama?

Fixed the right way. And no, they're pretty useful.
h'wat
I'm an American. But a LOT of my family comes from Scotland (clan Lindsay), and even *I* get defensive when people say my ancestors are British. Scotland, Ireland, and Wales are NOT part of the United Kingdom because they originally wanted to be. They are part of the United Kingdom because England was bigger and more powerful, and basically told these other countries that, "We'll stop killing you if you join our alliance."

Scotland and France were joined in 'The Auld Alliance', which was basically them against England. Scotland did a pretty good job holding their own (see Bannockburn) and was well on the way to earning its independence. I mean, this was one of the only countries (along with Ireland) to regularly win battles with Viking invaders. However, the Scots were too busy warring among the clans for rights to the throne to unify against the English. Once the Scottish throne and the English throne became linked through marriage, many Scottish kings decided they wanted to stay in the big city of London and enjoy what it had to offer, and turned their backs of Scotland. And while they did this, the English parliament enacted laws basically turning Scotland into a territory.

And that, in a nutshell, is the history of my people.

That is also why I don't like people to say I'm British. I'm Scottish, God damn it, and proud of it.

Also, we used to kick your asses in football every time, until you started spending enormous amounts of money to hire foreigners. So there.
Ah want me haggis and neeps!

There does seem to be a fair few Scottish folk on here. But there seems to be more Americans.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.