Would you and your band stop touring during the prime of your career?

This thread is inspired by The Beatles. If you were on the top of the musicindustry and everybody loved you, would you stop touring like The Beatles did? I mean I understand why they did because they were sick of screaming fans coming to their concerts, the lack of amplifier power, and the controversies surrounding the "Bigger than Jesus" incident, but would you stop touring and risk the career of your band?
THIS IS MY SIG. BE JEALOUS.
If I didn't want to tour anymore, then yes, I would stop touring.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
if i couldnt hear my music and was falling prone to a constant high pitched squealing noise, id quit in a heartbeat.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

If I was no longer doing it for myself because I loved it, id move on and do something else. The best music is made in honesty in my opinion.

EDIT: I guess the prime of your career commercially is a totally different thing to the prime of your career from a personal point of view.
Last edited by BenRaah at Dec 31, 2009,
Probably, I imagine i'd stop touring at a certain point anyway so that I didn't have to live on the road all the time, I don't get bands of people that are 40+ that still tour for a year or two years at a time, you'd surely start to miss your family.
I'd quit if I didn't enjoy it anymore. Continuing if its just not something your happy with anymore is what selling out is.
if i thought we were only gonna die out after that than yes
my hovercraft is full of eels
Quote by aaciseric
Probably, I imagine i'd stop touring at a certain point anyway so that I didn't have to live on the road all the time, I don't get bands of people that are 40+ that still tour for a year or two years at a time, you'd surely start to miss your family.

Take you family with you?

I wouldn't stop touring. I love playing and performing.
I'd continue playing if I wanted. I'd stop if I wanted it. I make music for my own pleasure as opposed to making music for people to enjoy. Thus, it really depends. If I'm tired of making music at the height of my career, then I'd walk away. If I'm still into it, I'll continue.
Quote by captaincrunk
I'd quit before we got big so people wouldn't accuse us of selling out.

****ing loser
'never a victim,' the role model said,
bang-bang, the bad guy is dead,
always a rockstar on eMpty TV,
the lesson complete, now the child has needs.
I wouldn't stop. At that point I doubt I'd have anything left to do.
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
I'd do what the hell I liked.
That's the rockstar way.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"