Page 1 of 3
I always see people, usually younger kids, saying stuff like, "I know that, and I'm only 12!" or "I'm better than you at guitar and I'm only 13!"

And the most irritating one, "I listen to Slayer and I'm only 13!"

etc.

Why is it that being younger is taken to be a thing of "disadvantage" or "inexperienced"?

Atleast, I guess that's the words you would use to describe this.

But yea, why?
Dude... I'm 34 and I know the answer to your question.

What's wrong with you youngsters these days?
Quote by Bill43

I wouldn't know an Opeth song from an Egg McMuffin
Because young people are stupid.

/thread
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I just don't give a damn

EDIT: I am 12 and what is this
When you saw me sleeping
thought I was dreaming
of you...

I didn't tell you
That the only dream
Is Valium for me
Quote by ChadHasJDD
I always see people, usually younger kids, saying stuff like, "I know that, and I'm only 12!" or "I'm better than you at guitar and I'm only 13!"

And the most irritating one, "I listen to Slayer and I'm only 13!"

etc.

Why is it that being younger is taken to be a thing of "disadvantage" or "inexperienced"?

Atleast, I guess that's the words you would use to describe this.

But yea, why?

because they have less experience in the world. If you ask why, the answer is provided...

here: If you're 13, you have only 13 years of experience, while if you are 565, you have 565 years of experience.
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Because the youth think it is cool that they can appear to be mature or older than they are by, for example, listening to Slayer at 13, or be better at guitar than someone who is older than they are.

It's an arrogance thing. Youngsters are full of shit.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Quote by crazy8rgood
+1

+1
MY GEAR

Guitars
- Gibson SG Standard(Ebony)
Amps
- Vox AC30
Pedals
- Vox V487A Wah
- SansAmp Classic
- EHX Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
- MadeByMike Custom Overdrive
- HBE Germania 44
It's a status which usually determines skill, strength, or maturity. When a kid does something amazing for their age, they feel like they broke the boundary.
LARGE TEXT
Last edited by Holy. at Dec 31, 2009,
It's probably mainly due to the mis-guided notion that age implies experience. There's a general trend throughout humanity to want to label groups, and labelling old people as intelligent and young people as stupid allows assessments to be done based on groups rather than on an individual basis. Which whilst being efficent also allows for a huge margin of error and is remarkably impersonal.
I think that younger people are getting cocky because they're learning things faster than their parents did. I always here parents commenting that they never knew things like we do when they were our age, and many young people are starting to develop a small superiority complex because of it, thinking that it's meant as a good thing. I'm personally ashamed of how knowledgable my generation is on certain things, and I weep for future kiddies round the globe.
Current Gear:
Michael Kelly Club Custom 5 Acoustic Bass
Dean Performer Series PE-QM-TGE
Varrios Basic 5 Bass
Acoustic B450 Combo Amp
I support the 2nd Amendment. I don't support people who abuse it.
Quote by technicolour
you're accomplishing more at an early age I guess? which leaves more time for other endeavors.

like growing out of slayer
im only fifteen and I know my generation is completely screwed. besides a few people
GUITARS
Burswood Acoustic
Squier Affinity Strat
Fender Tele Deluxe
BASS
Ibanez Jetking bass
AMPS
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey max 158 bass amp
Fender Bassman 250
1979 Carvin of some sort
And some pedals
Quote by Heylo12
im only fifteen and I know my generation is completely screwed. besides a few people

STFU.
LARGE TEXT
Quote by Heylo12

Have you met every single person in your generation and do you posess the neccessary level of pyschic or time travelling ability to really know that? Or are you just waiting for the neccessary response to go on an 'the future is bleak, head to the sewers, I wish this were the 60s!" style rant that tabloid readers are so fond of?
I find that annoying when kids do that. But I'm understanding, I would have done that too. (I probably did a bit too).
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by wahappen
Dude... I'm 34 and I know the answer to your question.

What's wrong with you youngsters these days?

You registered as a sperm?

THAT'S SO FVCKING KVLT
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Kids are going through intense psychological changes. They're constantly trying to prove themselves and find their own identity.

By saying, "Look! I can do this and I'm only this many years old!" they're asserting that they're not only worthy of respect but are downright awesome compared to their peers.

We all did it when we were kids, it's just a fact of life. Ugh, here's to not being an adolescent anymore!
I am 12 and what is this?
I know I was beaten. I don't give a shit.
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Quote by Dawginator
Because the youth think it is cool that they can appear to be mature or older than they are by, for example, listening to Slayer at 13, or be better at guitar than someone who is older than they are.

It's an arrogance thing. Youngsters are full of shit.

Young kids can listen to music, but they can't comprehend and appreciate the music like older people do.
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by JacobTheMe
Because 15 year olds are idiots. (Myself included).

Wait, you're both an 09er and 15? My world is shattered!
People just expect younger people to be less experienced, as they've had less time to get said experience.
Because 15 year old dicktards will tell me:

aperently you can't read. I said "It was scarier than I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE
I never said it was terrifying. I said it was better than expected. Learn to read before you run your mouth

Just because I disagree with their tastes in movies. It doesn't bother me any, more or less entertains me, but there needs to be some general 'quit being trigger happy, Tex' rule of thumb for them. They only make their age group look worse.
I want women throwing their thongs 'cause I wrote their favorite songs.
Quote by beingfamous
Because 15 year old dicktards will tell me:

Just because I disagree with their tastes in movies. It doesn't bother me any, more or less entertains me, but there needs to be some general 'quit being trigger happy, Tex' rule of thumb for them. They only make their age group look worse.

I agree with you. If they are trying to prove their age group, they should show respect. And that ass didn't show any respect to you.
Current Stage Gear
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by bluekirby7
Young kids can listen to music, but they can't comprehend and appreciate the music like older people do.

I disagree. Greatly.
Quote by Dregen
I'm only 16!

I was 16, got shit until I was 18 and now 20. Will continue to get shit until I'm 25, then 30 and so on. Get use to it.
I want women throwing their thongs 'cause I wrote their favorite songs.
Quote by Dregen
I disagree. Greatly.

I beleive I said "young kids." I am 16 and don't fall into that category, and you don't either. I mean kids around 12-15 that don't comprehend the world as much.
Current Stage Gear
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
The thing that's good about being younger is that you actually know what a joke is

EDIT: To this guy

Quote by beingfamous
I was 16, got shit until I was 18 and now 20. Will continue to get shit until I'm 25, then 30 and so on. Get use to it.
Last edited by Dregen at Dec 31, 2009,
Page 1 of 3