I've been considering a new amp for a while and came upon the Ibanez TBX150H head, but I've had a question that I would like answered before I buy it... I would like to run it through a 1x12 for bedroom practice levels, and alternatively through a 2x12 or 4x12 for gigs.

I found it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXICjkabyXE and I realized he was running it through a 1x12, even though the amp is rated for 150w. Also, his speaker is a Greenback, which is only rated for 25w. The speaker seemed to be holding out pretty well against all that extra wattage, and I would be using a 60w speaker, so I'm assuming it would be okay if I didn't try and crank it really loud.

So my question is... Would I run into problems by running a 150w head through a single 60w speaker? As long as I don't turn it up really loud?
You'll have to take it really easy but as long as you keep an ear open for distortion or any other noises that signal imminent meltdown you should be fine. One query though, why not just run it through the 4x12 all the time? I have the TBX head and matching box and have no worries keeping it at an acceptable bedroom volume if that's what you're worried about.
The TBX150H rules btw, best amp I've ever owned
i wouldn't recommend it, but if your just using it for practice i don't think it would be to bad.

Also Ts, any reason why your going with the Ibanez? There may be better amps out there for you.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Just use a 212 or 412 in the bedroom. More speakers doesn't mean more volume.
And go for something other than the ToneBlaster. It makes the list of worst amps you can buy along with the Line 6 Spider, Marshall MG, and Fender Frontman heads.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by Faux~Affliction

And go for something other than the ToneBlaster. It makes the list of worst amps you can buy along with the Line 6 Spider, Marshall MG, and Fender Frontman heads.

To be blunt; Bollocks. The TBX is much, *much* better than any of the amps you mention. Don't be decieved by the mass of uninformed, anti-solid state propaganda out there. To be fair, the TBX series is unashamedly aimed at the metal market and that's where it shines. There's no reason to hate on something just because it's geared towards a different style than the one you play. Sure, it's not a Engl or a Mesa but when you consider that I got my TBX head and cabinet for A$1000, as opposed to the A$4000-$6000 I could expect to pay for something like a triple rectifier it seems like a pretty good deal. Don't listen to the haters and UG bandwagoners, trust your own ears. If the amp works for you then go with it.
^^^It may be aimed at the metal market but its still the same sort of cheap powerful SS amps out there. Translation cheap but crap tone. Its 50$ more than the frontman head, not very good. The same price as the raven head, not very good. And cheaper than both the MG and spider series heads, not very good.

TS you really need to shop around more and look to spend more money if you want a serious gigging amp.