I am going to change my stock pickups with either SH-4 JB or SH-13 Dimebucker for bridge pickup and definitely a Seymour Duncan SH-1 59 for neck since people said that it's awesome for cleans and makes the guitar more versatile when you have a hard hitting metal pickup on the bridge spot.

What do you guys suggest? I am mostly playing heavy metal/death metal but also medium gain solos and I really like playing on clean sound aswell.

Is it true that I can use the neck pickup for cleans only? As far as I know if you play on a neck pickup it gives you a really warm tone and almost no crispy sound (Talking from my own experience).

Thanks in advance.
never use a dimebucker they suck theres better pick ups out there but the diem buck will not give good cleans or medium gain sounds the sh4 will probably work just fine
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
the JB is way more versatile and can handle metal and high gain stuff very well, and I personally find the Dimebucker extremely dirty.
"Terrible wars have been fought where millions have died for one idea, freedom. And it seems that something that means so much to so many people would be worth having." -Andrew Martin (Bicentennial Man)
Please for the sake of all that is holy/unholy avoid the dimebucker! The dimebucker is good for exactly one thing: Sounding like Dime... if Dime's tone sucked even more than it did. Get the JB - It does everything from pristine clean to Arch Enemy/Lamb of God/Megadeth style distortion (all three of those bands use that pickup)
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
yeah man
go JB

i have a dimebucker and i love it

but the JB is better sounding and more versitile
First of all: Amp?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Dime bucker
Oh boy.
Maximum output.
Dime dime dime.
Dime.
You do realize by throwing on Signature status they can jack up the price right?

Neck pickup's are usually great for intricate solo's with medium to high gain.
Because of the position there isn't as much treble ranged tone, and much more bass and midrange.
So thats why you don't get the crispy-ness. Though it's still obtainable.
Neck's usually amazing for cleans and solos.
Keep in mind playing solo's up there on the fretboard on your bridge can sometimes produce disgustingly tinny tones.
I actually recommend you keep researching pups
Seymour isn't the only thing out there
Till Death Do Us Part
So Die
Quote by oneblackened
First of all: Amp?

I might get a Fender Champion 300 (30W) but I am not sure if the guy that is selling it still has it... so I might end up buying an other amp.

So the amp is not really relevant at the moment since I need to actually buy a new one first.
OK, total budget for the amp?
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
OK, total budget for the amp?

About 300-500$.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Last edited by oneblackened at Dec 31, 2009,
my dimebucker didnt cost any more than any other SD pup. but if you want versatility, don't go with that one. especially if you have a bright amp. that pup is best suited for baritone guitars. its got a distinct character of its own but it doesnt do warm cleans very well.

ive also heard from several people that the JB isn't necessarily THE seymour duncan pup that you should get either.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Both of those pickups are very bright and sound like poo.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by Spary3
I might get a Fender Champion 300 (30W) but I am not sure if the guy that is selling it still has it... so I might end up buying an other amp.

So the amp is not really relevant at the moment since I need to actually buy a new one first.

If the amp isn't relevant then pickups are even less relevant at this point in time.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yup dimebucker for me i love it jackson r3 marshall 8020 and a zoom 505II one hell of a sound