Right so, Firstly, Happy New Year to you all!

Secondly, I was hoping for a second opinion on this.
I'm currently in the process of Customizing my first guitar (I have 3, one acoustic just incase you were wondering), which is an Epihone SG. I'm doing a custom neck paintjob, fixing a chip on the body and making a custom scratchplate, but that's besides the point.

I want to know if it would really be worth it to buy a set of EMGs (81/81 or 81/60) to put in to it. It would cost me round about €140/€150 to get the EMGs. I'm running my guitars through a Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt and i'm really pleased with it. I mostly use the Mesa/Boogie Rectifier setting for metal. I have no job, though, which sucks. 17 and no job is really bad

Anyway, advice would be appreciated, especially whether to get them, and if so, which set to choose, thanks.
❝Don't be afraid of death, but of an inadequate life❞
Bertolt Bretcht

Last edited by KirkMetallica at Dec 31, 2009,
woww here in argentina one emg 81 costs 130 dollars, and a dollar is like 3.85 pesos
Get a new amp first. You won't hear much of a difference in pickups unless you have a nice tube amp.

Also, look at Bare Knuckle Pickups. A set from them is roughly the same price as a set of EMGs, and in my opinion they sound better.

Afaik, you'd benefit more from emgs if you weren't using a modelling amp..

You'll notice an improvement in tone, but it probably won't be as big a diference as you're hoping

and 'worth' is a totally personal opinion
Last edited by james4 at Dec 31, 2009,
Wat. EDIT : To Argentinian dude

My Amp sounds magnificent, though, which hurts me inside when people say I must get a new one :p
Bertolt Bretcht

Last edited by KirkMetallica at Dec 31, 2009,
What amp were you using?
Bertolt Bretcht