Hi guys!

Since everyone's bashing on the Line6 Spiders I just wonder what makes you do that, since personally I'm very happy with them.
Please post your opinions and clear arguments! (I mean clear, because otherwise this will be a flamewar ^^)

Greetings
3-R4Z0R
There's nothing wrong with them. People just bash stuff to make their penises feel better.

EDIT:
Most of the time.

Sometimes that's not the case.

SMART-ASS EDIT:
Arachnophobia.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
Last edited by user_nameless at Dec 31, 2009,
When i was just starting out and bought a spider i thought the same thing, "why do people hate them? i think they sound good..." and they did, to a beginners ear. Once you hear better amps and learn what sounds good you can hear how "digital" they sound. They're great practice amps, but they don't hold up to other better amps.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
A: They sound very digital.
B: These threads are against the rules.

*reported*

Edit: V Enjoy your horrid tone then.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Dec 31, 2009,
Nothing. Tube fanatics defend their outdated technology.
I'm currently working on a system to generate MIDI from the motion of a guitar. More info coming soon.
Last edited by Zhuriel at Dec 31, 2009,
For smaller wattage practice amps they aren't that bad.
The problem lies in once you get to the 30watt+ models you could be getting a lot better tone for your money and it's mostly just the spider 3's. The spider 2 sounded quite a bit better and the spider 4 was an improvement from what I hear.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
They sound very digital is all.

The Spider Valve however is fantastic, it's a line 6 but its all tubed.
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Personally I really like the Spider 4; that's the stuff. Every other amp I try doesn't have enough bass.
Quote by Skullbolt
banned cause yeah:

It's between you, user_nameless, me, and my split personality
I like kittens
SHUT UP NO ONE ASKED YOU!

Proud member of the UG Shred Mafia. P.M. godofshred to join.

"Do you practice UG Blackism? W e do."

PAROXYSM.
There's better amps in the same price range, the distortion is very buzzy and digital & they're unreliable. They're definitely not all that they're hyped up to be by guitar stores and magazines.
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
Could someone please define how "digital" sounds?
I'm currently working on a system to generate MIDI from the motion of a guitar. More info coming soon.
sounds like its electronic.. technoy...
Guitar/bass/mandolin stuff:
PRS SE Custom 24
PRS SE Paul Allender
Martin DCX1E
Squire Start
Memphis Bass
Johnson Savannah mando

Amp/effects/misc:
Digitech RP1000
Line 6 Spider Valve 212
Toneport Studio KB37

check out my last.fm!
Quote by Zhuriel
Could someone please define how "digital" sounds?

Plug into a Spider.

This thread shouldn't exist.
Tele - EP Booster - DLS - Big Muff - Ekko 616 - Rocker 30/AC15
Quote by Alex Vik
A: They sound very digital.
B: These threads are against the rules.

A: Can't really double that, but I've not much practise with tube amps. A friend of mine has one and that thing sounds awfully muddy.
B: Gotta check up on that, haven't read into the rules good enough it seems.

And I guess "buzzy" is rather subjective, since I myself really like that extremely driven tone that the Spider makes with Insane settings. Fits my playing style.

I guess in the end it's mostly down to what anybody likes with the addition that the Spiders sound "digital" (in whatever way that is... haven't compared yet).

Greetings
3-R4Z0R
I love them and though you might say I'm a beginner because I've only been playing for a little over a year but I think they sound fantastic. I went to guitar center for 3 hours when checking out amps and I could not find an amp that suited me better. I don't like fender amps because they are way to retro and don't give a cutting edge sound as well. vox's were just kinda confusing, I thought the line 6 had much better distortion options than the peavy's, they were reasonably priced unlike the marshal's, and I just found the fact that It had almost every effect I wanted besides a wah and a few minor things built in. My Spider IV 15 watt rocks and I plan to get a larger spider for christmas next year. Everyone has a different opion about sound though. But still I don't understand the Spider hate either?
Quote by Musicrules,man
I love them and though you might say I'm a beginner because I've only been playing for a little over a year but I think they sound fantastic. I went to guitar center for 3 hours when checking out amps and I could not find an amp that suited me better. I don't like fender amps because they are way to retro and don't give a cutting edge sound as well. vox's were just kinda confusing, I thought the line 6 had much better distortion options than the peavy's, they were reasonably priced unlike the marshal's, and I just found the fact that It had almost every effect I wanted besides a wah and a few minor things built in. My Spider IV 15 watt rocks and I plan to get a larger spider for christmas next year. Everyone has a different opion about sound though. But still I don't understand the Spider hate either?

You need to learn how to use apostrophes.

On Topic: Tone, basically.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM
migueltherocker: The retarded unicorn-fish of the sea

Quote by ShredHead396

Dude, that was just pure win, i laughed the entire way

first stack ^
hey man some people prefer new mustangs to old mustangs. I respect their right to think that. But they are also wrong. If spiders were the best ever then like every body would be using them cuz they are so good and affordable and awesome and fender is like those old pontiac gto's man they are so retro I like the new ones better cuz they have so many cool lights and buttons and stuff on the outside and they are so sleek and come in all sorts of colors and i can plug my mp3 player in.

Listen. maybe you are columbus. maybe you are the one person that gets it right when everyone thinks the world is flat and you're like here we go ha you're all wrong. But let me tell you something. No.

If you didn't understand my extended car analogy...that is the reason you like spiders.

Thread won.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
No "Why does everyone hate the (spider, MG, etc etc)" threads.

REPORTED

EDIT:
Quote by AcousticMirror

Listen. maybe you are columbus. maybe you are the one person that gets it right when everyone thinks the world is flat and you're like here we go ha you're all wrong. But let me tell you something. No.

Columbus thought the world was flat
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Last edited by SLonergan at Dec 31, 2009,
i don't think Metallica uses spider amps.

I have a spider II. It's a fine practice amp, but nothing more.

Try playing Opeth on that thing
Quote by Musicrules,man
James from Metallica uses them and so does Slipknot (well Line 6's at least). They don't sound like they have a digital tone. Heck Metallica is a lot of guitarists favorite band including my favorite.

Line 6 =/= Spiders

Its like Toyota. Its got cars for the poor man, and its got cars for the rich dudes.

Try a Vetta then try a Spider, and you'll see why a Spider is disliked.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by SLonergan

Columbus thought the world was flat

The round earth theory has been around since Pythagoras...and it was pretty widespread by the time of Columbus. How could he believe the earth was flat? People already had reached asia by traveling east. If he believed the earth was flat, he would have believed he would fall off by traveling west instead.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^
Quote by Musicrules,man
Actually Kirk Hammett is a Line 6 artist also.

A line 6 artist, not a Line 6 Spider artist.
I HAVE RETURNED
Twitter
Quote by metalkickTM

Quote by ShredHead396

first stack ^