Hey guys,

I recently got my first electric guitar after playing acoustic for several years. It could be just me, but has anyone else who went from acoustic to electric, or wider necks to slimmer necks had a hard time getting used to it? It's not too bad, just a little sloppy with full chords, G, D, C, Am mostly. I guess I just want to know if you adapt to this, and if it will eventually become as easy and comfortable to me as my acoustic guitar is. I have pretty big hands, and since the strings are a little bit closer together, it makes chords hard to play without touching adjacent strings. I mean, I can play a chord clearly but it takes me being more careful to do it without touching other strings haha. Will my hand eventually conform? Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.
yeah your hand will eventually conform, although what guitar did you get, there are some electrics that actually have a slightly wider neck if your hands are really that big
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
Yeah I tried many. I liked a lot of the wider necks I played, like on Schecters and PRS's but never liked the guitars they were on haha. I ended up choosing the Godin Summit CT. Its not extremely narrow neck-wise, but not really wide either. But this guitar was the best feeling as a whole and had everything I wanted, on it. I didn't really notice that it was a little harder to make chords until after I bought it. And its really not a huge deal, I just have to be a little more cautious with my fingering, and I'm assuming I will get used to it pretty quickly.
yeah just practice what you already know a bit and your hand will start to adapt in no time, then you'll be able to switch between them without a problem
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!