I've just felt in love with that ENGL Powerball , and boy I want one. But, the music store downtown dont have that amp so my only choice is to buy it from the internet so I can't test it properly. I basically have 0 xp with amps, and judged by the size of that Powerball it lookes like it don't have speakers!(?) I know that some amps have to be connected to another speaker or sumtin for sound to come. Question is: Is this needed for the Powerball?

EDIT: So, question is answered thank you! But now a second question, recommend me Cab's please, the more the better Already done some research and I found the cheapest i could get is a Bugera 412H-BK Cabinet, gief feedback if you know the sound of it.
Last edited by Milumetal at Dec 31, 2009,
yes you will need a speaker cabinet
Spear Gladius II
Squire Standard Stratocaster LTD ED c/w hotrails
Squire Deluxe Strat c/w Hotrails
Dean Baby V
Tanglewood Acoustic
Bugera 333 Head
Laney Cab Vintage 30's
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2
Boss MT-2 (modified)
Marshall Jackhammer
Quote by MetalGuitarest
how much money are you willing to spend on the head and cab?

On the head I'm willing to spend top 2 500$ but now I also need to look for a cab so... overall I have no idea
Quote by Milumetal
On the head I'm willing to spend top 2 500$ but now I also need to look for a cab so... overall I have no idea

I dint know if I read this wrong or what but there is no way you can buy anENGL for$500
Blue Red Yellow Green
Quote by FOYSTA
I dint know if I read this wrong or what but there is no way you can buy anENGL for$500

yes you read wrong, what it says is two thousand five hundread its how I write big numbers
well the head runs for 2k new. that would mean you have 500 left over to spend on the cab. buy a used marshall or something. i got mine for 500 and i love it
Ok I getcha now. As for the cab question I highly reccomend Avatar
Blue Red Yellow Green
of course you'll need a cab, otherwise your amp will quite literally break.

I recommend Avatar if you're looking to save some money.

and ^ fireball is good, but nowhere near as good as the powerball.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

I thought the Powerball was a buzzy mess when I tried it out. The Fireball sounded way better to me.

As far as a cab, you should be able to find a decent used 4X12 or 2X12 for that price. Just look for something with V30s and preferably oversized.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

:\

powerball = giant mass ball of compression. if they would loose the compression it would be so much better

fireball = raw easier to process and it cuts more

infact its needs to be called the engl e645 compressor
Disagree, the powerball just needs to have to midrange knob up a bit higher and the bass knob a bit lower, and then it cuts much better. Also, the powerball needs to keep its gain knob reasonably low, otherwise it gets messy. You never really have to turn it up past about half.
Quote by CatharsisStudio
youi shouldn't have to turn your gain up past half on any amp.

powerball is just so mushy,

ESPECIALLY under the mic. its god ****ing horribly awful when it comes to that

Agreed, although I've never tried micing one. But come to think of it, I can't think of any records I know where the guitarist is using a Powerball.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
eha? fireball is in the picture now... Looks like i need to do some more research
Fireball's great if versatility isn't the first thing you're going for.