Not sure if this is the right forum for this,

Does anyone know what the average costs would be to do a "full set-up" for acoustic or electric?
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
It depends from tech to tech so I don't really know
Blue Red Yellow Green
assuming that the tech doesn't need to do anything drastic, $20-$30 is usually the price. any more and it's a little pricey. the only time it ever cost me more was when my truss rod had to be basically reset and was all bent out of whack.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Sounds good then. My LP is in fine shape but my acoustic will need a new saddle and it needs to be intonated properly. This is good information. Thanks.

*edit* searching for a "local" luthier returned one that does setups for $40. I may call them to see how much they will charge to address my saddle problem
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Last edited by ext1jdh at Dec 31, 2009,
Depends if any work needs to be done - if you need frets replacing, serious trussrod work etc. it'll be more. if you're paying more than £20 for a standard action, fit and finish then you're being overcharged.

That said there is a tech who lives nearby us who charges more but goes the hole hog of cleaning pots, checking wiring, adjusting pickup height pole by pole (where appropriate) etc, He charges a lot more, but will do any further servicing/touching within 9 months for free since his set-ups are so thorough, claiming if it needs to be redone he can't have done it right first time. I don't know anyone who's ever had to make use of that guarantee...
Around here, the norm is $30 for a hardtail set-up, and $40 for trem-equipped.
$25 is standard charge around here...or you could just research how to do it yourself

if you have a decent tuner...and an allen wrench and/or screwdriver, you can set your guitar up yourself and save the dough.
That's gonna be more than the average rate. They have to fabricate a new bridge.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs