I'm looking for some six string basses but my budget is very low, like, $250 and less low. So some of them that I was looking at were the Douglas WOB 826 and the Rogue LX406 Pro. Are either of these worth it, or is there something else that I missed?
99% of my posts will probably be entirely misinformed, malformed, malware infested, and... marmalade topped.

Oh, and your tongue is on fire.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
├─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬┤
├┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┤
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
I read the reviews on Guitar Center and the Ibanez seems a great choice.
THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE

DREAM THEATER

THE DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT

SEVENTH WONDER

MUSICMAN BONGO 6HH
EBS REIDMAR

YOUTUBE
TWITTER
TUMBLR
Last edited by BassMasta121 at Jan 1, 2010,
Personally, I'd like to say that the reviews on Guitar Center, Musician's Friend, Music123 and such tend to always have good reviews no matter how bad the guitar is. For example, I'm sure we all agree the low end (as if there was any other for them) Rogue guitars are rather....bad. But wow, they get 4.5/5 stars on Musician's friend!
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Rogue-RA100D-Dreadnought-Guitar?sku=511192

Its much better to get opinions from people on the forum, this one or others, along with MAYBE Harmony Central if you need something like submitted user reviews.

See, what you get is the problem of people trying to justify their purchase. They WANT to hear that its good so they don't feel like its a waste. The other side is that these are people who haven't played guitar much if at all and think everything sounds great. With one of my ex-girlfriends, I was trying to show the difference in tone and she couldn't tell the difference between a Seagull S6 (ceder) and another low end guitar (laminate, probably spruce or something). People who don't have experience don't always notice the nuances of tone.

So really, just be careful of reviews at those sites. They can be VERY misleading.
┌─┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬──┬─┐
Ultimate Guitar Set Up Q&A Thread─┤
├┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┴┬─┤
└─┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴──┴─┘
Peavy Grind is a bit out of your price range but still worth a look. They ocassionally turn up on ebay for 300 bucks or so.
Ah, Being Aussie I dont usually deal with Music sites anyways.
THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE

DREAM THEATER

THE DEVIN TOWNSEND PROJECT

SEVENTH WONDER

MUSICMAN BONGO 6HH
EBS REIDMAR

YOUTUBE
TWITTER
TUMBLR
I'd go for the ibanez. I think they're better stock than the other basses you mentioned. Going on hearsay for the others though, so take that with a grain of salt.

I don't know about where you live, but in the gta the resale of ibanez tends to be alright, especially any model that isn't the gsr200. Even the 205s get snapped up quickly.

Looking at the douglas, the ibanez neck is probably going to be much, much more comfortable, especially if you're primarily a guitarist.
Last edited by Canadian_basser at Jan 1, 2010,
Ibanez would be good. I don't like the way Peavey's play at all..
Quote by JagerSlushy

Black people play bass.
Quote by isabiggles
Nevermind, that's a stupid pun for Australian pyromaniacs.
Just forget I said anything.

Quote by mac_attack
THE PURE SEXUAL THRILL!!!!
And stuff...

^^^
On playing bass.
Gear:
ESP B-206SM
Behringer BRX1800H
Acoustic B115
Asher Custom 2x10