Ok so i am in the market for a british voiced tube amp of around 1000 AUD, roughly 900 USD. It will be mainly used for classic blues rock/metal eg iron maiden, gnr, cream, hendrix, metallica, pink floyd, dire straits and some punk rock stuff like rise against

So far i was thinking of buying used, but that is fairly difficult where i live....
Have looked at various cheap tube marshalls but i arent sure of the models, and i wasnt impressed.
But I did really like the Orange AD30 but its prob out of my price range.

What amp would you recommend for these bands? I would also like it to take pedals fairly well, and will be using a od to boost the amp to higher gains.

RIP Gooze

cats
Laney VH100R, GH50L, TT50H or TT50 combo. You probably won't need a boost .

Laney LC15 w/ boost could do. Vox night train w/boost.

there's more, but I can't really relate to AUD.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Thanks man, ill check em out, and also i would prefer at least two channels
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by HellBoy9393

Laney LC15 w/ boost could do. Vox night train w/boost.

there's more, but I can't really relate to AUD.

these, plus bugera 1990. the peavey windosr is nice. its a one channel but worth a look. i boost mine with a ts-9 and it sounds great. for how much it costs im extremely happy with this amp.
stay lit

Quote by PeteTLT
Will preamp tubes turn black and melt slightly undernormal conditions and still work?
Quote by HellBoy9393
+1
For that money you can often find a second hand Marshall JCM800 or 900 too. There's a couple on ebay.au atm that haven't gone over that limit.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Decent second hand JCM's are hard to find here in Australia so i recommend you look at a Marshall clone such as Ceriatone. You could pick up a JCM 800 for around $1,000 AUD and it will sound awesome
For a little cheaper I'd recommend a Peavey Classic 30. Great amp and can nail those tones
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
Quote by InfiniteRain
For a little cheaper I'd recommend a Peavey Classic 30. Great amp and can nail those tones

not the dire straits tones. (Mark Knopfler by the way played almost exclusively american amps. his tone is not at all british voiced)

I'd recommend either a Vox AC30 (used) which has a brilliant clean, and a very thick overdrive. or a Vox AC15.
Quote by !Mitchell!
Decent second hand JCM's are hard to find here in Australia so i recommend you look at a Marshall clone such as Ceriatone. You could pick up a JCM 800 for around $1,000 AUD and it will sound awesome

Well this one went for $920. If in Sydney and could have picked it up in person it would have done the job nicely.

jcm900 4500 with 4x12 cab

They do come up, you just have to keep vigilant.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I'm just gonna mention, if you feel like being a cheap sob, the Peavey Windsor is very British voiced.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
i loved the nightrain i played
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

what are the differences between the jcm 800 model. Eg the 2203, 2204 that ceriatone offers?
And thanks for the ideas guys
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
what are the differences between the jcm 800 model. Eg the 2203, 2204 that ceriatone offers?
And thanks for the ideas guys

the only difference between the two models is the 2203 is 100 watt and the 2204 is the 50 watt version