Ok right so my setup (for exercises / basic practise) is simply my Ibanez RG370DX into a Boss DS-1 into a Behringer LX110.

When I flick on distortion its sounds a bit muddy and midi-y. Is there something i can do on the amp / stomp box / guitar to optimize the sound? Or is that just an amp thing and i should just go out and buy that Randall half stack that i want (finances permitted)
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
1. Get drunk
2. play pentatonic scales fast
3. throw in some divebombs and pinch harmonics
4. Get killed onstage
5. become legendary guitarist instantaneously

Quote by Holy Katana

How dare you attack the greatness of the augmented sixth?
Last edited by Tominator_1991 at Jan 1, 2010,
Isn't that a modeling amp, and a not very good one at that? Dude you could probably get a better sound if you plugged your guitar into a cats butt. Go get the Randall.
Quote by BobDetroit
Isn't that a modeling amp, and a not very good one at that? Dude you could probably get a better sound if you plugged your guitar into a cats butt. Go get the Randall.

i found teh DS-1 rather muddy anyway, all compression, no crunch.
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
yeah i mean, the clean sound is fine...i got a better sound out a silvetone 10 watter...im just wondering if theres any shortcuts i can take til i get my randall
Quote by BlitzkriegAir
1. Get drunk
2. play pentatonic scales fast
3. throw in some divebombs and pinch harmonics
4. Get killed onstage
5. become legendary guitarist instantaneously

Quote by Holy Katana

How dare you attack the greatness of the augmented sixth?
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
i found teh DS-1 rather muddy anyway, all compression, no crunch.

You're missing the forest for the trees.

Quote by Tominator_1991
yeah i mean, the clean sound is fine...i got a better sound out a silvetone 10 watter...im just wondering if theres any shortcuts i can take til i get my randall

Ask yourself if you really have to have a half-stack or should you be saving up for a more affordable smaller Randall.

If you like the Behringer then play it. It has tons of different sounds, but I wouldn't try and buy pedals to change the sound because no matter what you do it's still going to sound like a Behringer.
Last edited by BobDetroit at Jan 1, 2010,