Nice cover champ Your playing was tight, the timing was pretty spot on, and overall it was a good performance - you should be proud!

There are just a couple little things bothering me; when it gets to the tremolo picking, try not to use your arm, as it's just a bit impractical to use such a large muscle for what should be small movements (you seem to be picking a bit too vigorously!). Additionally, you're much more prone to develop excess tension and develop some medical complications down the track (not that it's definitive, but it's the best bet to use the smaller wrist muscles for small movements such as picking, and larger muscles such as the arm for larger movements, such as string crossing). As tight sounding as it is, I can only advocate trying to use your wrist more when picking those faster passages, as your movements will be much smaller, as well as more controlled and more articulate in the long run.

As the poster before me said, the solo and a couple other parts could be tightened up a little, but I'm sure that the little inconsistencies came from nerves more than anything. It's mostly that you came in a little too early at some points, but that's an easy fix

Again, I have to condone you for what was a tight performance, but more-so for the fact that by the last minute, you seemed to get into it more and grooved along, which is always great to see in a performer of any sort, and its a great quality to be able to do so.

Sorry if I came off as arrogant, or too critical, but if you'd like me to go into detail on anything in particular, feel free to ask - I'm always up for helping or offering advice.

And nice guitar, by the way
Quote by juckfush
Nice cover champ Your playing was tight, the timing was pretty spot on, and overall it was a good performance - you should be proud!

There are just a couple little things bothering me; when it gets to the tremolo picking, try not to use your arm, as it's just a bit impractical to use such a large muscle for what should be small movements (you seem to be picking a bit too vigorously!). Additionally, you're much more prone to develop excess tension and develop some medical complications down the track (not that it's definitive, but it's the best bet to use the smaller wrist muscles for small movements such as picking, and larger muscles such as the arm for larger movements, such as string crossing). As tight sounding as it is, I can only advocate trying to use your wrist more when picking those faster passages, as your movements will be much smaller, as well as more controlled and more articulate in the long run.

As the poster before me said, the solo and a couple other parts could be tightened up a little, but I'm sure that the little inconsistencies came from nerves more than anything. It's mostly that you came in a little too early at some points, but that's an easy fix

Again, I have to condone you for what was a tight performance, but more-so for the fact that by the last minute, you seemed to get into it more and grooved along, which is always great to see in a performer of any sort, and its a great quality to be able to do so.

Sorry if I came off as arrogant, or too critical, but if you'd like me to go into detail on anything in particular, feel free to ask - I'm always up for helping or offering advice.

And nice guitar, by the way

Thanks sir! No, you didn't come off as arrogant or critical or anything of the such. I'm aware of my problem with the tremolo picking. I just need to use my wrist. I'm really working on it, but I wasn't aware of this problem until recently. So a habbit of about two years is kind of hard to break.
Quote by TatarSalad2
Thanks sir! No, you didn't come off as arrogant or critical or anything of the such. I'm aware of my problem with the tremolo picking. I just need to use my wrist. I'm really working on it, but I wasn't aware of this problem until recently. So a habbit of about two years is kind of hard to break.

Phew, thanks I guess I worry about coming off as a know-it-all.

Bad habits are always awful to tackle, but it's great that you're aware of it and you know what you have to do, which really is the main factor in countering it. Whenever you take down one of those habits and replace it with the more economic way though, you're bound to notice and feel a drastic increase in your playing ability - and coupled with how well you're doing so far, you'll end up being a brilliant player. So again, keep up the great work!