ok, just a quick question;
when you're using a badmonkey to boost the gain on the valvekig's od channel, why turn off the boost gain button, also why have the gain on the badmonkey down?

also i found a pedal that does a better job than the badmonkey and its about the same price.
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
^ The Bad Monkey essentially acts as a more transparent gain boost, so it's kinda unnecessary to have them both on at once. The gain on the Bad Monkey is down because you don't need any gain; what you're doing is driving the preamp tubes harder by putting more signal strength on them, which comes from the Bad Monkey's 'level' knob, not the 'gain' knob.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
ok, but i noticed that turning up the gain on the BM helped improve the gain overall.
would it be like dividing by zero if I put the gain bosst on and the BM? what would happen?
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

It adds more gain to use the Bad Monkey's gain, yes, but it's a different sort. Driving the preamp tubes harder is preferable for most people.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
ok.
i still dont really get it still, but im not having a very good day mentally.

ill stick with my new pedal for boosting the amp distortion anyway. The DOD Yngwei Malmsteen pedal works wonders.
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

^ like i said , i found a better pedal to do that with. the DOD makes me wanna cream
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE