so i know this has probably been asked a lot, i tried to search bar but it was too hard.
so anyway
whats the difference between british and american voiced amps? i cant really figure it out even comparing two of them next to each other.

if you could be very detailed in your responses, that'd be great, I really wanna get the nuances of their differences, that'd be great.
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
No problem.
British amps tend to have a lot of focus on mids, while American voiced amps have more extended highs and lows. Compare a Marshall JCM800 to a Peavey 6505+ and you should have some idea of what I'm talking about.

Happy new year BTW
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
thanks, happy new year to you too.
how would the difference affect a metal player who doesnt scoop his mids? SWIM usually has his mids up all the way with treble at 9 o'clock and bass at 12 o'clock.
and the gain maxed of course
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

[EDIT] I forgot to quote both your guys comments I am refering to with mine so here they are:
Quote by lifesuckstomuch
thanks, happy new year to you too.
how would the difference affect a metal player who doesnt scoop his mids? SWIM usually has his mids up all the way with treble at 9 o'clock and bass at 12 o'clock.
and the gain maxed of course

Quote by FrustratedRocka
No problem.
British amps tend to have a lot of focus on mids, while American voiced amps have more extended highs and lows. Compare a Marshall JCM800 to a Peavey 6505+ and you should have some idea of what I'm talking about. Happy new year BTW

You get better tone with using more mids, especially with solos. This is probably why I like British voiced amps better. The guitar is a midrange instrument anyways. Cutting the mids is like gutting the core of the guitar's voice. I like mids set to at least 3/4 around 4:00 and treble a little less than half around 11:00. I used to not like that much bass having it less than half but now I add more bass too around 2:00. I also usually set my guitar's tone knobs mid way.

P.S. Happy New Year 2010 - Rock On!
Fender Malmsteen Strat > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > NS2 Send > NeoClassic 3080 Compressor > NeoClassic 741 Overdrive > NS2 Return > NS2 Output > VHT Special 6 Ultra Amp > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return
Last edited by Yngwie#1 at Jan 1, 2010,
Quote by Yngwie#1
You get better tone with using more mids, especially with solos. The guitar is a midrange instrument anyways. Cutting the mids is like gutting the core of the guitar's voice. I like mids almost at least 3/4 around 4:00 and treble a little less than half around 11:00. I used to not like that much bass having it less than half but now I add more bass too around 2:00.

cool sotry bro, but you said a whole lot of nothing there. I asked HOW an amp focused on mids would affect me as opposed to one based on lows and highs when i play with those settings.
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

Quote by lifesuckstomuch
cool sotry bro, but you said a whole lot of nothing there. I asked HOW an amp focused on mids would affect me as opposed to one based on lows and highs when i play with those settings.

This is a subjective thing only you can determine for yourself. I guess it depends on which voiced amp you identify with the most, plus each amp would get different EQ settings to compensate based on how you want to get the sound you want. Sorry no one can answer this but you through trail and error to develop your own unique sound.
Fender Malmsteen Strat > Boss NS2 Noise Suppressor > NS2 Send > NeoClassic 3080 Compressor > NeoClassic 741 Overdrive > NS2 Return > NS2 Output > VHT Special 6 Ultra Amp > Amp Send > MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay > Boss RC3 Loop Station > Amp Return
Quote by Yngwie#1
This is a subjective thing only you can determine for yourself. I guess it depends on which voiced amp you identify with the most, plus each amp would get different EQ settings based on how you want to get the sound you want. Sorry no one can answer this but you through trail and error to develop your own unique sound.

damn
ok thanks, i guess i just gotta go to GC and talk teh retards into letting me use the good amps
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE