I'm finally in the market for an amp, i especially want a Hiwatt, but don't know which!

I play alot of pink floyd style, also some harder rock but i have a very good pedal board with good overdrives and all, very 70's oriented british

which Hiwatt should i look for and how much $$ canadian should i be looking into?
David Gilmour's distortion is all pedals. But look into the DR103 for some nice cleans. The reissues don't sound as good as the orginals IMO and they're too expensive. Both the original and reissue are expensive. Just do a Google search for the prices.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
David Gilmour's distortion is all pedals. But look into the DR103 for some nice cleans. The reissues don't sound as good as the orginals IMO and they're too expensive. Both the original and reissue are expensive. Just do a Google search for the prices.

the price isnt much an issue...........the amp has alot to do in gilmour's tone, the amp is pretty well overdriven with that trademark hiwatt sound

DR103 or a gilmour reissue?
Look into Reeves amps. They make quality clones of Hiwatt amps. They make lower wattage amplifiers too if you're looking for that cranked Hiwatt tone at lower volumes.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Look into Reeves amps. They make quality clones of Hiwatt amps. They make lower wattage amplifiers too if you're looking for that cranked Hiwatt tone at lower volumes.

This.

Newer Hiwatts will get you in the ballpark for "Hiwatt tone", but for truly vintage Hiwatt sounds you should go with Reeves.

I love my Custom 50
Reeves should be, as they are made in North America. A genuine Hiwatt will be a lot more expensive, but the Reeves is a better option unless you can find an early 70s Hiwatt for a similar price. With regards to the gilmour tone from Hiwatts, i'm pretty sure Dave set the amp as loud and clean as it could go, and then used fuzz and/or overdrive to push it into breaking up. Good luck!
As colin pointed out, many of the newer Hiwatts will get you close and work well. The Reeves is a good option as well.

But since you said that money is not an issue, Go for the DG103.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hiwatt-DG103-Custom-100-100w-David-Gilmour-Signature-Tube-Guitar-Amp-Head?sku=487177&src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0
Bugera 333XL
Ampeg VH140c
Quote by ferguson911
the price isnt much an issue...........the amp has alot to do in gilmour's tone, the amp is pretty well overdriven with that trademark hiwatt sound

DR103 or a gilmour reissue?

Not really. The trademark Hiwatt overdrive tone is stuff like Townshend. Gilmour set his loud but clean (a real strong point of Hiwatts) and used a bunch of pedals to get his OD tones. But if you want to be as accurate as possible, get the Reeves like has been suggested.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs