Oh no! Not another!

Hopefully I won't sound like an ill informed newb but I need a bit of help so here goes:

I'm looking for future amp upgrades (hopefully to all tube) so this is where budget comes in. I can work or save for just about anything, but I'd rather not spend more than $2000 for head+cabinet.

Here's where I get kinda specific questions:

I want something that's versatile, but has nice, tight low end. I was looking at Sunn amp heads on 'the bay' but they seem to be getting harder to find and frankly I'd rather buy local. Anything with even remotely similar characteristics is good. I'm wanting something can handle really low, bassy/sludgy sounds (think Kyuss or The Sword) but won't be totally useless for other stuff with more top end(think most standard/drop d stuff). I'm willing to get a pedal or two to counteract shitty or non-existant gain channels on said amp(s).

I've also found a really good local deal on a B-52 AT-100 set (head+cab). Might this be good for what I seemingly desire? I know it does high gain, triple rectifier metal very well, but I have yet to see it used for the stonerish metal I now desire. If it is, I'd rather not miss the opportunity to get it looking for something else (which is probably far more expensive anyway).

Thoughts, questions, suggestions? Anything at this point would be good. I'm grasping at straws for amps similar to the Sunn amps, and I don't want to miss this deal on a B-52 if I don't have to. I realize I may be being a bit vague but its past my bedtime and I can't think straight from being so gosh darned sleepy.
Try a used Framus Dragon head, a used JCM900 head, or a used Peavey 6505 head. For cabs I would suggest looking into Avatar or find the matching Framus cab used. Combos are better than halfstacks in most situations (except for arena gigs), so I'd suggest getting a good combo instead of a stack.
Mesa/Boogie Mark III
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV
Used Mark V and save for a cabinet
Mesa DC series
Mesa F series
Mesa Rectifiers (a 2-channel one if possible, or maybe wait for the new Rectos to come out)
Peavey XXX
Peavey 3120
Peavey Ultra
Peavey VTM and a clean amp
Marshall JCM 900 SL-X
Marshall JCM 800 Kerry King sig
ENGL Powerball
ENGL Fireball
ENGL Blackmore

etc.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by phlip999
Try a used Framus Dragon head, a used JCM900 head, or a used Peavey 6505 head. For cabs I would suggest looking into Avatar or find the matching Framus cab used. Combos are better than halfstacks in most situations (except for arena gigs), so I'd suggest getting a good combo instead of a stack.

i would recommend a 2x12 cabinet and head over a 2x12 combo. the combos are harder to move around due to the weight and this way you can buy a new head at any time and still have the cabinet

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Ugh. Trust me, I know how heavy a 212 combo is, its real treat to get to carry it all over the freaking place. Builds biceps and kills your lower back.

I figure this is downfall of the "suggestion" part of the thread, but I had a few questions whose answers may help me figure out what I'm looking for myself. Namely most of these things I'm not going to be able to find (ENGL), not to mention used stuff down here doesn't come in great variety. So:

1) Can anyone name amps similar to those old Sunn type amps (loud, bassy, may or may not be extremely clean)?

2) Is a B-52 AT-100 halfstack decent for what I want to do, considering I can get it for like $400?

Ok, so I know I said my budget was like $2000, but now that I think about it, I'd rather not spend that much if I don't have to. (I should've said $1000 and can push it depending on the amp) I just know I could eventually have that much.