I'm currently playing a strat with lace sensor golds in it through a Vox AC4TVH.

I already get a pretty decent drive through the amp when its hot, but I need something with more gain for a indie/alt rock kind of tone. Something like The Strokes...in that general area anyways.

I was interested in the TC Electronic Nova Drive, as it has both overdrive and distortion, and I like the tones it produces a lot. Has a price tag, and so I'm definitely open to cheaper suggestions. I'm not specifically looking for a overdrive & distortion combo, but I don't mind the idea at all. I could make use of both most definitely, but I'll probably be using the drive most often.

I have read that both guitarists from The Strokes use Jekyll & Hyde od/dist pedals, but after some reading I'm kind of scared of the fact that it isn't true bypass and there were complaints of the feedback that the pedal produced. =/ I'm not even really looking for their specific tone...just that feel.

tldr;**** i'm high;420

happy new years -.-
well, a couple good overdrive and distortion pedals are the visual sound jekyll and hyde or fulltone gt-500.
as far as just an overdrive there are lots.
bad monkey, blues driver, tubescreamer, tim or timmy, mi audio crunch box etc. etc.
Quote by Soma3009
I came up with this kick ass riff on my ukelele when I was 12. Find out two years later, it was smoke on the water. Got my hopes and dreams killed..

Quote by saintjimmy99
you used the right form of "their!" i commend you sir!

Quote by m450n
I'm currently playing a strat with lace sensor golds in it through a Vox AC4TVH.

I already get a pretty decent drive through the amp when its hot, but I need something with more gain for a indie/alt rock kind of tone. Something like The Strokes...in that general area anyways.

I was interested in the TC Electronic Nova Drive, as it has both overdrive and distortion, and I like the tones it produces a lot. Has a price tag, and so I'm definitely open to cheaper suggestions. I'm not specifically looking for a overdrive & distortion combo, but I don't mind the idea at all. I could make use of both most definitely, but I'll probably be using the drive most often.

I have read that both guitarists from The Strokes use Jekyll & Hyde od/dist pedals, but after some reading I'm kind of scared of the fact that it isn't true bypass and there were complaints of the feedback that the pedal produced. =/ I'm not even really looking for their specific tone...just that feel.

tldr;**** i'm high;420

happy new years -.-

You might not be alone.

The Nova Drive is a versatile pedal for sure. Because you can use the distortion and overdrive separately as well as stacked (you can pick between overdrive first or distortion first) to get yourself a wide variety of tones.

Now for the bad. Well not really bad, but I found the pedal a little on the bland side of the spectrum. I like a pedal with a little more character.

Personally I like the T-Rex Gristle King Overdrive. It does everything the Nova Drive does but better imho.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.