IM planning on buying an epiphone goth explorer. I know for sure that i want to put some active pickups in it but im not sure which kind. Ive heard alot of good things about seymour duncan blackouts but EMGs are almost like the standard as far as active pickups go. Can you help me?
Prestige Ibanez Rg1527rb
Epiphone Les Paul w dimarzio evo.
ltd H -50
Digitech DF-7
dod EQ
Randall WarHead
Crate td50c
everyone uses emg's. get some blackouts. they have a more powerful feel to them. also warmer cleans
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
i play mostly rythym however i play lead sometimes. Rite now im leanin towards the blackouts cuz theyre cheaper
Prestige Ibanez Rg1527rb
ltd H -50
Digitech DF-7
dod EQ
Randall WarHead
Crate td50c
I have Blackouts in my main guitar... they really sound awesome distorted.
They sound nice clean as well, I have a Fender hot rod and they really sound nice in the clean channel
Quote by krustshred
i play mostly rythym however i play lead sometimes. Rite now im leanin towards the blackouts cuz theyre cheaper

Trust me... you will not regret it.
Last edited by MG_Sora at Jan 1, 2010,
goin for that black album rythym sound but i know they used emgs in that album
Prestige Ibanez Rg1527rb
ltd H -50
Digitech DF-7
dod EQ
Randall WarHead
Crate td50c
forget trying to sound like metallica. make your own sound. the blackouts will do a great job of the black album if you have the right amp.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
what about the newest emgs the x series, Ive heard those out do the blackouts
Prestige Ibanez Rg1527rb
ltd H -50
Digitech DF-7
dod EQ
Randall WarHead
Crate td50c
The X series sound pretty much like standard EMGs...just a bit more dynamic... tonally, they are the same.
The Blackouts, are very hot (more so than the EMGs.) and personally, I prefer their tone over the EMGs.
If you want to sound JUST like metallica, your gonna need EMGs and a Mesa as well as other stuff they used.
Unless your getting everything they had, I would get the Blackouts, and adjust your amp to suit your taste.
Ibanez RGR421EXFM, Michael Kelley Vex NV, Ovation Celebrity. Carvin V3
Peavey 412M w/Eminence Wizards & Swamp Thangs, Rocktron Hush Super C, Furman PL-8C,15 band EQ, Boosta grande, ISP Decimator, Dano EQ, Ibanez TBX 150,TC Elec Polytune
Last edited by Vinson at Jan 1, 2010,
get some good passives. emg's have sterile tone, and suck for anything besides metal. get a set of Bare Knuckles, only like $30 more than EMG;s. or even a dimarzio evo 2 and air norton. **** emg's.
Quote by SC86
get some good passives. emg's have sterile tone, and suck for anything besides metal.
Well somebody better tell David Gilmour that then, he mustn't know.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
EMG 81/60 combo in my opinion is nicer than the blackouts. I don't like the 81/85 though at all.
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
Quote by Cathbard

Cathbard > SC = MegaPwn.
Quote by Cathbard

He does, that's why he stopped using them
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by sammo_boi
everyone uses emg's. get some blackouts. they have a more powerful feel to them. also warmer cleans

This. My Blackouts are sound truly awesome.
the blackouts are very nice (i have them on my ibanez RG) but i must say for what its worth i love the EMG 81/89 combo i have in my Schecter hellraiser
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
Quote by SC86
get some good passives. emg's have sterile tone, and suck for anything besides metal. get a set of Bare Knuckles, only like $30 more than EMG;s. or even a dimarzio evo 2 and air norton. **** emg's.

Unfortunately SC, you're in a thread full of active fan boys. You should take care not to offend them for they get very upset when you ridicule their God.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
Unfortunately SC, you're in a thread full of active fan boys. You should take care not to offend them for they get very upset when you ridicule their God.

excuse me?
whats with everybody being a prick on this forum all of a sudden?
last night everybody was s nice, are you guys pissed because you're hungover and didnt get laid again on New Years Eve?
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Quote by lifesuckstomuch
excuse me?
whats with everybody being a prick on this forum all of a sudden?
last night everybody was s nice, are you guys pissed because you're hungover and didnt get laid again on New Years Eve?

Says the kid who cant spell the word "too". Personal insults dont really fall under what I said so I dont know why you'd bring it up. Especially since I dont drink and me and my girlfriend have agreed to remain abstinent but I dont know what thats got to do with anything.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jan 1, 2010,
Quote by VanTheKraut
Says the kid who cant spell the word "too". Personal insults dont really fall under what I said so I dont know why you'd bring it up. Especially since I dont drink and me and my girlfriend have agreed to remain abstinent but I dont know what thats got to do with anything.

no wonder you're so pissy, God forbid that someone misspell something on the INTERNET

as for kid? im probably older than you, i also suspect that you're 15 and your girlfriends name is HANDrea.

Internet tough guy on the premises everybody.
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

Quote by lifesuckstomuch

no wonder you're so pissy, God forbid that someone misspell something on the INTERNET

as for kid? im probably older than you, i also suspect that you're 15 and your girlfriends name is HANDrea.

Internet tough guy on the premises everybody.

Internet tough guy? Internet tough guys tend to say stuff like "If this were IRL I'd kick your ass!" But all I said was that I didnt know why you were bringing up personal insults over the internet when its just a question of EMGs or Blackouts, you have some major growing up to do if you think saying I didnt get sex last night validates your argument.

And her names nothing close to Handrea or Andrea or whatever clever pun you can come up with.

And Im actually 16, so...
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jan 1, 2010,
Quote by VanTheKraut
Internet tough guy? Internet tough guys tend to say stuff like "If this were IRL I'd kick your ass!" But all I said was that I didnt know why you were bringing up personal insults over the internet when its just a question of EMGs or Blackouts, you have some major growing up to do if you think saying I didnt get sex last night validates your argument.

And her names nothing close to Handrea or Andrea or whatever clever pun you can come up with.

And Im actually 16, so...

YOU'RE trying to bring maturity into it? you're the one who started insulting everybody in the thread, if you have nothing to contribute to the thread GTFO

as for an internet tuff guy, that is not what it is at all, a tuff guy treats the internet like its IRL andtries to... you know wjhat its not worth it im gonna go dig up a picture that explains it

i'd like to apologize now over the thread hijacking

edit: here you go, note the part about how i despise the internet tough guy and why. (should be toward the end if i remember correctly)

Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

Last edited by lifesuckstomuch at Jan 1, 2010,