Thinking of getting the Harley Benton G212 cab.
Is it worth the extra £55 for the Vintage 30 speakers?
I have read that the speakers in the standard cab are similar to the G12T75s.

I play in a band where I rarely play high gain stuff, but I also have a death metal project as well, so would want it to sound good for that as well.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
Well, its all subjective, but yes, they are good for metal IMO.
A lot of metal guitarists use them.
They are very popular for Metal. If you buy them don't let first impressions ruin them for you. Before V30's are broken in they have a really shrill ice-picky high to them. which turn most people off. But the more you break them in the warmer they will sound. They also have a nice mid hump if you have an amp that lacks in mids.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Cool.
Worth the extra cash then?
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Cort M200/WS
Hayden Mofo

My Band - Haemasmtha
Definitely IMO.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
definately, my marshall 1960AV cab tht i use with a VERY high gain chug chug amp (Peavey triple XXX) has V-30s and they are amazing once u have broken them in. very toppy. love it
Schecter Emo-7--->Various Boss Pedals--->Peavey XXX 120watt head----->Marshall1960AV
Quote by -MintSauce-
Do I look like I need a team of helpers and trained animals to carry out my daily activities?
they are generally known as the best hard rock/ metal speakers, so yes its worth it
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
Well I did get the V30 cab and I'm pretty happy with it, although obviously can't compare it directly to the G12s.

And I haven't really cranked it up for metal yet, but I will!
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Cort M200/WS
Hayden Mofo

My Band - Haemasmtha