Hi, I've in the market for a new guitar and my budget is £300. Some of you may have seen my other thread about the PRS SE Custom, I'm just exploring other options at the moment .

I play many different styles ranging from Muse to Bloc Party. I also play some metal, however not much of it at all.

What would be a good bet for me? Would it be worth saving some more money then buying something a bit better? Thank you.
Epiphone Les Paul?
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
Get on Ebay and get a Korean or Japanese Les Paul if possible, in fact get any one but a chinese one if you can. The chinese epiphones have nothing on the Korean Japanes or even the Indonesian ones in general.
You don't really have to save for more. For 300 you can get a pretty good guitar like a Fender strat or a Les Paul.
+1 for the Ellis. Never heard of one that wasn't amazing. Just leave me a Light Amber Burst.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Abone nut is just the nut on the guitar but made of bone. Bone is far better than plastic as it gives better tone and sustain plus it lasts longer aswell. Also a hand crafted one will be specifically made for that one guitar so it would be an ideal fit. I think i'm gonna get one of the Les Paul Models if they have any left.
Get a decent telecaster!

They have a cool 'alt rock' sound and bloc party use them. Great little guitars
I was originally thinking about getting a tele, but I decided to look at other options too because I wanted something a bit different. I'm planning on trying out a tele at my local music shop tomorrow though.
Quote by JackMorris
I was originally thinking about getting a tele, but I decided to look at other options too because I wanted something a bit different. I'm planning on trying out a tele at my local music shop tomorrow though.

Get yourself a low / mid range Jackson Warrior.

They look, play and sound amazing! You will not regret your purhcase

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Jackson-JS30WR-Warrior-Electric-Guitar-Gun-Metal-Grey/AZV

Keep an eye out for red or blue though.
[IMG]http://i31.tinypic.com/11ioi8n.jpg[/IMG]
We all love the fail-tar!
Last edited by VocalValantine at Jan 1, 2010,
Quote by JackMorris

There is something you might be interested in called a telemaster. It is basically a telecaster with a jazzmaster body.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/xvofhygugfsp.html

These guitars are really nice
Quote by JackMorris

What would be a good bet for me? Would it be worth saving some more money then buying something a bit better? Thank you.

depends. what's your current rig?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
depends. what's your current rig?

Epiphone SG Special --> Boss GT6 --> Marshall MG15DFX

I'm planning on upgrading the amp either at the same time, or very soon after.
Check out TC Ellis guitars, they are meant to be extremely good.

http://tcellisguitars.com/guitars4sale.html

EDIT: I just saw your rig and I advise you to get an better amp first as that will have the biggest impact, tone-wise
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Last edited by Jak Archer at Jan 1, 2010,
Quote by JackMorris
Epiphone SG Special --> Boss GT6 --> Marshall MG15DFX

I'm planning on upgrading the amp either at the same time, or very soon after.

ok, cool. do you have roughly the same budget for the amp?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'll second the TC Ellis option though I'd also like to give a mention to Vintage Advance guitars. Most of their models come in between £200 and £300 and are certainly better than any stock Epi or similar guitar you can get off the shelf. Whether they're better than a TC Ellis is debatable but they're certainly a very strong contender.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by Dave_Mc
ok, cool. do you have roughly the same budget for the amp?

Yep, but I've already got a few amps on my mind at the moment. But any money left over can go into the guitar fund.

Also, thanks for all the suggestions, I'm looking at them now.
Strangely enough, my question is now resolved! I tried a telecaster today, and I loved it so much I bought it! It was a real bargain too, right on my £300 budget! Thanks for everyone's help!
sweet
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?