I'm getting a used Jackson and from research the Original Floyd Rose should be able to fit without any drilling or rerouting,

How long do Original Floyd Roses last under moderate use? No crazy dive bombing, I just want to know if i want to spend about 200$ for something that might last a long time.

Are there any other tremolo systems that i could replace the JT580 with?
Like a floyd rose special or something?
If you don't abuse it, I could see an OFR lasting longer than your lifetime. Well maybe not that long, but you get the point. There are OFRs on 30 year old guitars that still work like new.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
if you look after it and maintain it properly it should last a very long time. same applies the any trem.
Jackson LFRs are actually really good, from what I've heard anyway, I don't think I've played one long enough to make sure. I'm not sure if it needs replacing right away.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by ibanezgod1973
if you look after it and maintain it properly it should last a very long time. same applies the any trem.

Well, not really. You can't fix a badly constructed trem or a poor material quality one.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Is the the trem on the guitar bad? I have found a lot of LFR to be quite good depending on the year and brand of the guitar. Before you spend 200+ on a new Floyd have the original one looked at by a pro and get their evaluation first.

John
Would i have to replace the mounting posts/pivot screws/stud thing If i put in a new floyd rose? or could i just keep the JT580 ones? what would changing them do make any difference?
If it ain't broke, then don't fix it. Chances are it's working fine. If you notice a slip in performance or it starts to fall apart, then swap it out or upgrade it depending on the situation.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
If you buy a new Floyd it will come with all the necessary parts. The problem is the OFR mounting pivot screws might be a different thread than the LFR so you would need to pull the bushings

John
Quote by johnro6659
Is the the trem on the guitar bad? I have found a lot of LFR to be quite good depending on the year and brand of the guitar. Before you spend 200+ on a new Floyd have the original one looked at by a pro and get their evaluation first.

John

Its a Jackson DKMG with Dave Mustaine Livewire active pickups and selling it for 500$, but I'm only looking to replace it since I'm buying it used and hes had it for 2 years so depending on how they used it, I want to replace once it goes horribly dull.

I'm going to try it some time in the next few days, but I'm just making sure that if I really like it I can replace it later on when I find the need to.
They should last forever. My rg530 which I bought in 1985 and have used in every gig I´ve ever played since then has performed without any problems, and I abuse the hell out of it.
I did have to replace the trem arm twice because from the abuse they snapped off. The guitar still remains in tune no matter what tho.
Well try it out and see how it performs I would bet it's in decent shape.

John
The OFR on my Vintage Kramer still works fine.
and its Almost 30 Years old.

trust me, itll last you quite a long time.
Classical Guitarist
If you want to put an OFR in that Jackson with a JT580, you need a lo-pro or somethig like that.