Hey guys,

I'm after a new piece of analog-esq gear - either a pedal or an amp modeller box type thing, with a heavily saturated shred/thrash metal tone, for simple home recording.

All the digi gear i have tried does not quite have the organic vibe of analog pedals..... at the same time........... the pedals alone do not quite pack the punch and drive of most digital gear or decent amps! So i'm looking for something to bridge the divide, without spending a fortune.

I'm looking into stuff like the Tech21 SANSAMP GT2 ??

Would appreciate any feedback,
Thanks guys
Last edited by Jonashred at Mar 10, 2010,
I like the Blackstar Dist-X, there's a few good pedals out there. I've heard good things about the Sansamp and the Hardwire Distortion as well... what amp are you using?
Quote by slickerthnsleek
I like the Blackstar Dist-X, there's a few good pedals out there. I've heard good things about the Sansamp and the Hardwire Distortion as well... what amp are you using?

Thanks.

I have a line 6 spider amp. But i rarely ever use an amp, and i am a fan of the idea and principle of direct and quiet recording as well as seeking gear like that.

Someone suggested recently i could just get something like the Engl 530 preamp piece, which seems like a logical step perhaps, but i'm not interested in paying out a fortune for high end gear yet.

So i need to check out this Sansamp GT2 or get some feedback on it.
Forget putting a distortion pedal through a Spider, it'll sound like rubbish. I read that you like modellers, perhaps you should sell your Spider and look for a used Vetta or Flextone.
Quote by slickerthnsleek
Forget putting a distortion pedal through a Spider, it'll sound like rubbish. I read that you like modellers, perhaps you should sell your Spider and look for a used Vetta or Flextone.

Perhaps, but i want to see what this Sansamp is about. I usually record direct with just the pedal. I think ive managed to get the L6 sounding good with one of my pedals, but you have to set it to clean and carefully adjust everything.
Anyone tried the Behringer GDI21, or got any new suggestions?

Always looking for a new super saturated thrash tone that sounds reasonably pro but hopefully doesn't break the wallet.
Last edited by Jonashred at Mar 10, 2010,
Not quite thrash, but if you'd settle for sounding like Dismember and Entombed...

Buy used Boss HM-2.
Put in front of your amp, turn all the dials to 10.
???
Profit.

Instant Svesktone.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2