Page 3 of 4
Quote by eazy-c
There's this American guy I know and he says Scottish things but with a really generic American accent.

Shit's hilarious.

Shit's so cash brah

I can imagine you doing that in a kind of Simon Neil accent, and it sounds horrendous.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Simon Neil has a very effeminate accent. What you trying to say here?
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
That you have a wonderful alt-rock voice.

and ur a homo lololol
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

at his command
Quote by Dyer's Eve
Ye cannae please anyone on here eh...

I was a bit dissappointed Paradise Lost and While Heaven Wept got so few votes. But as for the list, theres doubtlessly far worse lists out there. Like anyone mine would differ a good amount, but it's not a trainwreck.

agreed; it didn't include Lamb of God, and for that alone I'm grateful. Several albums that deserved a place didn't get a mention but considering how many were released last year at all, it's not such a surprise. As in, among all the albums I listened to for the first time last year, about 40 of them were from 2009.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Lamb of God > Half the bands on that list.
Quote by duncang

at his command
It's genius live. I'm a bit of a fanboi though. I have some of the blue flag from the new album cover

That Wootten Bassett thread is an abomination btw, I don't know why you're bothering.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
i shit myself when devin was given the number one spot. w00t!
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Mr. Townsend's response via Twitter:

@Linqua - Holy crap! Thats unbelievably humbling, wow...thank you! Man! ...more to come, the 3rd album is a doooozy...

http://twitter.com/Dvntownsend
Quote by duncang

at his command
Last edited by CTFOD at Jan 4, 2010,
Brick Shithouse

No community list is ever going to be a complete crowd pleaser. Best you can ask for is not a shit-show quality and hopefully some entertaining commentary. Thanks to Dyers for being the dedicated mod that he is and organizing the whole thing
I feel so old, don't really have time to catch up on all the new bands that are coming every year. Glad that Devin won although I haven't heard the album but it made sure that BTBAM or Mastodon didn't win which would have been a shame.
^ Agreed.

On the topic of Dev's twitter, he's a pretty funny guy

Quote by dvntownsend
When I get worked up, I like to punish myself with ridiculously spicy food, Plan for 5 am: Poop a red hot, upside down, cast iron pineapple.
Quote by andyscoot
Disapointed to see Anaal Nathrakh's newest wasn't on there.

I tried to listen to that record, I really did.

But the vocals...
Cette nuit j'ai rêvé que je mâchais ses yeux
Après avoir crevé par accès de furie
Ta replète panse d'helminthes blancs nourrie,
Trop prompte à déféquer le fruit d'un vit sanieux.
after showing him this thread on twitter:

Quote by Devin Townsend
@linqua Holy crap! Thats unbelievably humbling, wow...thank you! Man! ...more to come, the 3rd album is a doooozy...

EDIT: lol beaten to my own post
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
Last edited by Linqua5150 at Jan 5, 2010,
Quote by InvaderTSN

I personally love them, but I can see why it's a turn off.

+1

They just add so much to the album for me, i wouldn't have them any other way
I was hoping Irepress made an appearance.

I know at least three or four others posted it, along with me, and was kind of hoping for Sol Eye Sea I to be listed rather low, since I knew it didn't have the votes to top the list.

But, alas, I'm fine with it. At least I have the satisfaction that I know what the REAL album of the year is.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Quote by fallenangel20
I was hoping Irepress made an appearance.

I know at least three or four others posted it, along with me, and was kind of hoping for Sol Eye Sea I to be listed rather low, since I knew it didn't have the votes to top the list.

But, alas, I'm fine with it. At least I have the satisfaction that I know what the REAL album of the year is.

Hell yeah
I am not a big fan of lists like this. It's impossible to make a fair list EVERYONE can agree with. This list has a great variety, but there are somebody (me) that haven't heard anything on that list ('cept Ensiferum's album). This list has a bit of a brutal bias on it in my opinion.
Quote by GisleAune
I am not a big fan of lists like this. It's impossible to make a fair list EVERYONE can agree with. This list has a great variety, but there are somebody (me) that haven't heard anything on that list ('cept Ensiferum's album). This list has a bit of a brutal bias on it in my opinion.

We voted for it...

It's the top album, as voted by the folks on this forum, so if anything, it's representative of what we like.
Quote by GisleAune

Really? And you figured this all out by yourself?
Philosophy > Life
Quote by GisleAune

Doesn't the fact that you know just about nothing on the list ring any bells or erect any red flags in your head that say "hey, maybe I should hear those albums?". No?

And bias? Really? No way. I didn't know a product of a collection of opinions could be....*gasp*....opinionated....
I've found Jesus
The metal forum has managed to humble Devin Townsend?...

What the hell?
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
Quote by GisleAune

Oh no, it represents what the metal forum likes! Shit! Run!
Quote by michal23

Absolutely thrilled with Sunn, though.

Well deserved place. They've come a hell of a long way.
Why is there no Skyfire in this list?
Quote by UtBDan

You in particular? I want you to **** off and die.
Quote by GisleAune

*Checks forum title*
Quote by duncang

at his command
I'd have like to seen Tyr on the list but guess I can't complain since I didn't vote. Like the list though, it's given me a ton of bands to look into.