Im trying to get a tone similar to Brian mays on "Its a kind of magic" for a live performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2yymMhjRu8

The tone in that live video is the one im looking to try and get close to.

I dont have too much equipment to choose from, just my Vox VT50 amplifier and my Vox V845 wah pedal.

Im pretty sure Brian uses chorus effect and alot of treble, but the tone in this song sounds a bit different to most of his other songs.

Im playing on a cheap strat.

I dont want to go as far as getting that exact sound, because I know it would cost me alot of money, I just need help getting something similar with what ive got, preferably from someone who has used one of the VT series before. ty
Try the AC30TB model on your amp and a splash of chorus + delay.

Oh, and you should ask this in the ultimate settings thread next time.

Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Try the AC30TB model on your amp and a splash of chorus + delay.

Or even better, the AC30BM model, based on Mays amp and treble booster setup. That will definately get you in the right ballpark. I think that Brian was constantly using a chorus around this time too, so a splash of that would help.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by Sampy
Or even better, the AC30BM model, based on Mays amp and treble booster setup. That will definately get you in the right ballpark. I think that Brian was constantly using a chorus around this time too, so a splash of that would help.

Ah right, I forgot they added that model on the new Valvetronix.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
He boosts his treble a lot and his guitar on it's own has it's own effects built in basically. He made his own pups too and can change the way they sound on his guitar, not via a pedal.

I'm not big on effects at all, and I'm a bassist at that so I won't sit here and talk crap about stuff I have no clue on.

There's a set of videos on youtube that shows his rig for the 2008 The Cosmos Rocks tour. You can probably make more sense of it than me, and either way it's very interesting to watch. I know they played that song too because I was there

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNk3Bm6MrQM Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-c3STbVFqs&feature=related Part 2
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

For that song you need to drench your sound in reverb too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com