Hey, I'm looking for advice on choosing an Ibanez guitar.

Now I'm away from home for a year and just brought my Line6 pod ux2 with me without a guitar. So I'm now looking for a guitar for practise.

And my budget is under £350

Since I have once played an Ibanez of my buddy before, I think this time I would get one for a neck like that, it doesn't matters much about the sound, because just one for practise.

I'm merely know nothing about Ibanez, I have checked some online stores and narrowed the range to RG350 and RGA42, please give advice, any reply is appreciated.

Cheers
Looking at what you have picked out, you have to ask yourself a new question. How often will you use the tremolo on the RG350? If your style doesn't directly use one, and you don't see yourself using it that often, get the RGA42. Either one is a pretty solid guitar. You may hear crap about the EDGE III tremolo on the 350, but I've played on one that was properly set-up, and you shouldn't have any issues.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural
Loop-Master 2 Channel Looper

Mesa Single Rec
The s series are really nice....really light and the zero resistance trem is pretty decent
Quote by eteam_sammy4him
Looking at what you have picked out, you have to ask yourself a new question. How often will you use the tremolo on the RG350? If your style doesn't directly use one, and you don't see yourself using it that often, get the RGA42. Either one is a pretty solid guitar. You may hear crap about the EDGE III tremolo on the 350, but I've played on one that was properly set-up, and you shouldn't have any issues.

THX for posting, yes, I don't use trem alot, and almost all my previous guitars are with fixed bridge except for a fender strat(if that could be called a trem). And the trem system on that one is exactly what I'm worrying about, since I have never dealt that sort of things.

and thanks again
the numerous series of Ibanez almost drive me mad, and confused me much.

I looked into the RG series just because one of my buddy owned one RG.

And any futher advice on that?

and Thanks alot for posting
Quote by fc0771
the numerous series of Ibanez almost drive me mad, and confused me much.

I looked into the RG series just because one of my buddy owned one RG.

And any futher advice on that?

and Thanks alot for posting

Yea, I have 2 guitars, a strat and a fixed bridge, and I found the fixed much easier to play on. You may want to look further into the RGA42 if you won't be using the tremolo alot. Floating tremolos are good if you use them, but a waste of space if you don't.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural

Mesa Single Rec
what style of music? it might be worth waiting until after NAMM in February (lots of new ibbys), you need to play the guitars yourself if they`re confusing you that much, do you really want to be forever buying batteries for active pups on the RGA? do yo need a trem like the RG350? there`s nothing wrong with either guitar you just need to analyse what you want from the guitar and what your going to use it for.
You could probably pick up an S470 if you're lucky. Amazing guitars, plus has the amazing ZR trem, which due to the bearings action is unlikely to wear out.
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
If you want to use a trem, get an older MIJ RG. They'll have either an original Edge or Lo-Pro Edge - both of which are phenomenal bridges.

If not, pick up an RG321. Low cost, high value.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
the best ibanez is no ibanez
Gear so far:
Dean Vendetta XMT
Roland Microcube

Infiltrate the system and rot it from the inside-out.
Quote by Shaggy_420
the best ibanez is no ibanez
Shut-up.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
The RGA42 is a badasa piece of equipment, although it does have actives, which may or may not float your boat.
Some people just dont like Ibanez. I personally have nothing for or against them but to me most of them feel kind of uncomfortable, but I have found a few that play nicely. Maybe his Vendetta is what he was looking for in a guitar.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
Sure, that is very possible, but only immature 15 year olds will come into a thread and spout off something retarded like that. I don't like Schecter necks or example but I don't go around saying Schecter is junk, it's just not my preference but is still good product.
I agree he shouldnt come in and just say that without explaining himself but most people with 420 or some other weed reference in their name tends to be a whinny little know it all. To make it even better if you check his profile he is only ten years old meaning he is most likely that kid who sits at GC attempting to play either Through the Fire and Flames or just sits and butchers good music like Zepplin. (sorry about being off topic)

On topic again though I personally recommend you talk to someone who has owned both the RG350 and RGA42. I personally would try to avoid the tremolo unless you plan to use it more than once a year.
When an adult has one imaginary friend it's called insanity. When lots of adults have the same imaginary friend it's called religion.
Gear
Hamer Slammer PAC 3-RM
Fender Sidekick 25 Reverb
Ibanez SR406

GAS
Peavey Tour TKO 115 400W
I have the RG350M, and it's a great guitar, I paid £340 for it and that was with a professional set up. The Edge III has been great for me and it stays in tune brilliantly! However, don't go for the yellow, it would be sore on the eyes after a while :P
yes, I totally agree the best way to find out a guitar is to put your hand on it, but i just cant find a store that close enough and having the RGA42 in stock. :sad

Maybe I should avoid the trem system, for i really cant see a must in it for me.(the hardest thing I could done with a trem is to add some vib XD)

Thanks for all the reply
Quote by eteam_sammy4him
You may hear crap about the EDGE III tremolo on the 350, but I've played on one that was properly set-up, and you shouldn't have any issues.

how long did you play on it for? 6 months? 3 years? 10 minutes?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
how long did you play on it for? 6 months? 3 years? 10 minutes?

a year. welcome to the world of proper maintenance and set-up.
Main Setup:
Charvel So-Cal

Dunlop Volume
Digitech Tuner
Custom Compressor
VFE Blues King
Ibanez TS9 30th Anniv
Boss DD20
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Hardwire Supernatural

Mesa Single Rec
RG321MH. No trem, and no active pickups. Mahogany body. One of the best guitars in it's price range for those who like the feel of an RG.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by eteam_sammy4him
a year. welcome to the world of proper maintenance and set-up.

most people seem to be saying they last for a couple of years
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
most people seem to be saying they last for a couple of years
That's because they do. Do you really think Ibanez would release a bridge that lasts the alleged 20 minutes?
Quote by Marty Friedman
my lo-trs didn't last much longer. but yeah, that was my point, they'll normally wear out eventually, and i get a bit tired of hearing people who've only tried them in the shop saying that they're fine.

plus i would doubt that they're as responsive as a "good" floyd, anyway.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yes, I have checked the RG321MH out, but seems that guitar just didn't on sale in UK and EU..
Quote by fc0771
yes, I have checked the RG321MH out, but seems that guitar just didn't on sale in UK and EU..
Sorry, the guitar you'll be looking for is the RGR321EX in the UK. I sure do wish they were available here. They're exactly the same as my RG2EX1, except they have a reverse headstock. Suffice it to say, they'd look great sitting next to each other.
Quote by Marty Friedman