ok my guitar will not play through my amp i have made sure the amp is working and the cable. They both are. I have also made sure the guitar is working i have changed the battery and made sure everything is screwed in so any ideas as to what could be the problem.
It could be a wiring problem in the bass. It could also be that your input on the bass could be messed up. I had that problem and i needed to get a new jack for the bass.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Quote by TrabenBassist22
It could be a wiring problem in the bass. It could also be that your input on the bass could be messed up. I had that problem and i needed to get a new jack for the bass.

Same here, so this is your best bet...+1
MY GEAR!

Indiana IE1-TSB Electric
Kay K-592 Acousitc
Washburn XS-2 Bass
Peavey VYPYR30 with Sanpera I footswitch
Jay Turser Acoustic Electric
Paul Reed Smith (PRS) Custom SE 24 Black Cherry

www.myspace.com/12goodomens
Quote by TrabenBassist22

^+1. the input could be jacked up

unscrew it and check the wiring inside
Well, we don't know. So you'll have to do some troubleshooting.

Check all the wires in the bass, and make sure they're all connected to something. If there are any loose wires, you'll need to solder them into the right place.

As far as the jack is concerned, plug a lead in the with the cavity cover off and make sure the lead is touching the jack in all the right places (tip, sleeve) and if any parts are bent out, bend them back in to touch the lead.

However, we don't really know how to fix the problem as we don't really know what the problem is.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by wildfire1871
well i def dont have money so how could i fix it exactly

It wouldn't be that expensive, at least I think it won't. When I had mine replaced I had a service plan at the Sam Ash I bought it at so i didn't get charged for it. But it's not a major repair so it shouldn't cost you much.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
sorry for double posting but actually i have found two wires that are loose and i need to know where they both go so can any one help. I need to know where the two red wires that are twisted together go and where one of the thin black wires go
Last edited by wildfire1871 at Jan 2, 2010,