So it says here (#16) that PRS wants to open up the factory to tours again in 2010..........its 2010! anybody know if this is going to happen or not?
btw, srry if this is the wrong place to post this, I'm forever posting things in the wrong spot
However, it is our hope to reinstate the public tour schedule for 2010.

That sounds like they're not certain. Best thing as always is to wait for a news article or send them an email.
bugger, this is the response I got:

Sorry, we are no longer offer factory tours. However we do have an open house in September of each year. More details will be posted online.

This makes me very sad
Quote by sashki
I heard if the body blanks are anything less than perfect they saw them in half and throw them out.

Gimme, gimme, gimme...

Time to get on a plane just to go browse through PRS's thrash pile...
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by Linkerman
Gimme, gimme, gimme...

Time to get on a plane just to go browse through PRS's thrash pile...

I no rite?

I'm sure plenty of manufacturers would gladly buy "PRS rejected" wood.
Quote by sashki
I no rite?

I'm sure plenty of manufacturers would gladly buy "PRS rejected" wood.

Right!

And screw the manufacturers! They could give it away, IF they are destroyed...
I know i would have a blast making my own PRS copy from one of their rejected bodies.

I'd take a PRS Custom body, with an arched top, paint it in red tiger finish, with black body binding and red back, 22 fret rosewood neck with bird inlays, design my own headstock, throw in a couple of PRS Dragon V humbuckers... The dream!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
yes they cut the bodies in half if they find defects that are beyond repair at any stage of production.....there`s vids on youtube...search for prs factory tour
does anybody know if they have a store or shop at thier factory? or a store near thier factory? i live in easton MD, about 30 minutes away from stevensville. i could litterally go there any time i wanted. i was wondering if one day i could cal lthem up and maybe check out some guitars...or buy some prs stuff like strings.
Quote by ikey_
does anybody know if they have a store or shop at thier factory?

no not quite. they have a small gift shop, and maybe a guitar or two for sale. i went right as they were releasing their SE line and they had a santana SE in the gift shop for sale. besides that they only had t-shirts, sweatshirts, and picks. haha i did get a t-shirt and some ridiculously expensive picks, but thats it. kind of disappointing, but geezus the factory tour was awesome!

EDIT: and considering the gift shop was about 8 feet by 8 feet i doubt they would have added much more to the shop since then.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Last edited by LifeIsABullet16 at Jan 7, 2010,
Quote by ikey_
does anybody know if they have a store or shop at thier factory? or a store near thier factory? i live in easton MD, about 30 minutes away from stevensville. i could litterally go there any time i wanted. i was wondering if one day i could cal lthem up and maybe check out some guitars...or buy some prs stuff like strings.

Idk, but I live about an hour away, and I saw somebody in my area selling a custom 22 on craigslist. They said they had picked it out at the factory.
You cannot purchase a PRS guitar directly from PRS. OK, maybe you can if you are Carlos Santana but I'm thinking he gets his for free.

However, just last year they did open up a PRS Wood Library. Now you can visit the Wood Library along WITH the dealer that you are purchasing a custom built guitar through and select the actual wood that will go into the making of your guitar. Here's a link from a PRS dealer that offers more info: http://www.sweetwater.com/emails/privatestock/

For a factory tour you can attend the PRS Experience, which takes place every Fall. There you can purchase a guitar on the spot from one of the many dealers that bring inventory right to the factory. Literally hundreds of them are on-hand to look at. Link for pics from last years Experience: http://news.guitarworld.com/story/prs-experience-2009-day-1/

Lastly, every year they build a guitar that is classified as an Experience model and make a very limited number of them. It usually includes a highly figured top, special finish, neck, fretboard, inlays, pickups, etc.

Below is an example of the limited model during the Experience 2008:

Quote by thehikingdude

Below is an example of the limited model during the Experience 2008:

(Invalid img)

holy shit that thing is amazing *drools*
Quote by thehikingdude
You cannot purchase a PRS guitar directly from PRS. OK, maybe you can if you are Carlos Santana but I'm thinking he gets his for free.
For a factory tour you can attend the PRS Experience, which takes place every Fall. There you can purchase a guitar on the spot from one of the many dealers that bring inventory right to the factory. Literally hundreds of them are on-hand to look at. Link for pics from last years Experience: http://news.guitarworld.com/story/prs-experience-2009-day-1/

Thanks man, that experience thing sounds great, wish I had known about it in the fall . Idk about the guy on CL, he might have used the wood library thing, maybe he was just lying, who knows