If i were to change a pickup on a basswood guitar, then i would need a pickup that has more low end because basswood tends to have a bright sound? Or is it opposite?
;} KsE
Depends what you want to change about the sound of the guitar; choose the pickup to suit the tone you want to end up with.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Basswood in my experience has a dull, neutral sound. I certainly wouldn't call it bright compared to say ash.
GMW hot-rod telecaster
GMW soloist
PRS Custom 24
The Illegal Les Paul
CAE 3+SE
Soldano SM-100R
Splawn 4x12

“Life is on the wire…the rest is just waiting” - Papa Wallenda
Substitute the stage for the wire, and he's got it.
Basswood is pretty balanced. It does't lean towards highs or lows. Usually mids are a little thicker.

But whatever you want the tone of your guitar to be should result from the pickup you put in it.
basswood is more middy than anything, it doesn't really accentuate highs or lows.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Basswood is pretty balanced. It does't lean towards highs or lows. Usually mids are a little thicker.

But whatever you want the tone of your guitar to be should result from the pickup you put in it.

+1

Exactly
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
With basswood or any timber the sound you get out is a combination of the pups the timber & the attack method with which you play (not to mention the effects,amps,etc,etc) it all adds up to the end sound & to change it requires more of a "SUCK IT & SEE" approach as the end sound is also something that is percieved differently by each & every individual so is an ellusive thing when trying to give advise to someone.
Richard

Veni Vidi Vici

Head Drug Tester of Australians FTWclub
PM the_random_hero for entry

Prime Minister of the UG archtop acoustic players club,
PM Keef_is_King
to join!