is that cheating if i block all string with a device during solos .like if i play them without it i acsidentaly touch other string and they make noise.
answer if u understand.

sorry for language
You could do it if you're a beginner, and want your solos to sound clean, but it's nothing i would recommend. Try to play slower and gradually build your speed and it will sound clean
Many will probably consider it cheating, but I see no problem with it. You should learn prober muting though.
I'm currently working on a system to generate MIDI from the motion of a guitar. More info coming soon.
You mean like using a dampening device? It's not cheating - it's music, there are no rules. But it will seriously hurt the development of your muting technique, in my opinion it will actually make it go backward, because you won't be hearing when you are making a muting mistake.

There are a few exceptions - for example playing touch style guitar where you don't use a pick and tap with your left hand to produce the rhythm, and tap with all four fingers of your right to produce the melody. But for any "normal" guitar playing, avoid damping devices like the plague.
yeah its not a good thing for you to do while you are practicing because you will never improve if your always having something else clean it up for you. I do however recommend you use it if your performing or recording because its all about the sound at that point. I do this a lot actually, I tie my sock around the top of my guitar neck when recording.
well yeah.i play for a year and my muting skills are awful.doing muting i rather make sound than stop them.
well have you play a ovember rain solo or other solos with huge bending?thats my biggest problem
releasing bends.
Don't use it unless you are recording something in a studio. For practicing purposes, it's terrible. You will never learn to mute properly if you just use that all the time. And on stage it's really frowned upon.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by LumberjackShred
yeah its not a good thing for you to do while you are practicing because you will never improve if your always having something else clean it up for you. I do however recommend you use it if your performing or recording because its all about the sound at that point. I do this a lot actually, I tie my sock around the top of my guitar neck when recording.

the only thing bout that though, is if youre playing an open chord, or are doing a breakdown or something, you wont get the right sound. lol
Quote by God
i lol'd