My guitar teacher wants me to pick a song in those keys and basically im going to improv solo over it. He gave me the song hells bells as a guide. Im sure theres plenty out there but I still dont understand theory and scales yet. Ive learned like 6 different scales in those 2 keys. He said were a the point where next practice hes going to show me how these pentatonic scales are worked into songs or something. Help me out please.
the unforgiven is in a minor. quite a few metallica songs are

by the way, you know c major and a minor are the same key/scale. just the scale starts on a different note.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Last edited by sammo_boi at Jan 1, 2010,
Quote by mchnhd4
My guitar teacher wants me to pick a song in those keys and basically im going to improv solo over it. He gave me the song hells bells as a guide. Im sure theres plenty out there but I still dont understand theory and scales yet. Ive learned like 6 different scales in those 2 keys. He said were a the point where next practice hes going to show me how these pentatonic scales are worked into songs or something. Help me out please.

is not knowing how to find out what key a song is in the thing that's holding you back?

I guess I don't understand why you would have a theory assignment when it has been taught yet.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Jan 1, 2010,
Quote by GuitarMunky
is not knowing how to find out what key a song is in the thing that's holding you back?

I guess I don't understand why you would have a theory assignment when it has been taught yet.

exactly. I dont understand how to find that out. I feel like im learning chinese. Im starting to understand the patterns but theres alot that doesnt make sense yet.
check out some articles on this site. Ultimate Guide to Guitar by Ze Guitarist and The Crusade by JoshUrban are good places to start.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Most AC/DC songs. Don't Cry by Guns N' Roses has an orgasmic solo.
Call me Andrew. It's my name.

Quote by theogonia777
i fond God too, man! i sat next to him on the bus once. he told be the meaning of life and then gave me a pretzel. i can't remember what the meaning of live was, but it was a good pretzel, man!
Quote by GoIrish668
Most AC/DC songs. Don't Cry by Guns N' Roses has an orgasmic solo.

most guns and roses solos are orgasmic imho